Need Kavlico Fuel Pressure Sensor

airshawn

I’m in desperate need of a Kavlico 50psi Fuel pressure sensor for my Dynon D120 EMS. I recently purchased a beautiful RV7A (Lycoming IO360, CSProp) and just before taking the active during my transition training on June 12, my CFI noticed that my fuel pressure indicator was showing 57.2psi and so we scrubbed. He likes to say that, “there’s no such thing as a minor fuel problem.” I have been in frequent contact with Dynon; they confirmed that they too are 99.9% certain it’s a faulty sensor, but they will not be receiving any replacement units from Kavlico until August at the earliest.

Does anyone have something old/new/used whatever, I could buy/beg/borrow or steal until my new one comes from Dynon? It’s killing me to not be able to fly my new plane. Thanks.

airshawn

I’m in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. I think I have a line on a used one that should get me by until Kavilco produces more unit.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
To be clear - we DO have the now-"legacy" 50 PSI sensors, and although we prefer to have the replacement ones deployed, we can get you one of the legacy ones if you need one. The replacement 50 PSI sensors are on backorder from Kavlico, who has had delays owing to the coronavirus and other factors.

The new 15 and 150 PSI sensors are currently shipping, but are in limited supply (we're allocating them carefully, reserving some for support and other special use cases).

For what it's worth, the 15 and 150 cover most SkyView use cases. The D10/D100 series - because of their less-flexible sensor definition scheme, needs an actual 50 PSI sensor as a replacement. This particularly affects fuel injected applications, which would use the 150 PSI if installed on SkyView with the new generation Kavlico sensors.