NEED, OR NOT, ARINC 429

N125YX

With the skyview system, gps 250 and Dynon servos, and the SV-270 Nav software will I have GPS steering, or do I still need a 429 interface?
Mike

jakej

With the skyview system, gps 250 and Dynon servos, and the SV-270 Nav software will I have GPS steering, or do I still need a 429 interface?
Mike

The Dynon 429 Arinc converter is just that, a converter to enable the Dynon to use Arinc  ;) however if you just want Gps 'tracking' ie Direct To or following a flight plan (overfly waypoint and then turns to next track) then use the serial data. If turn anticipation (GPSS) is wanted you will need Arinc out of the 250. :)

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Since you are using Dynon's autopilot, the autopilot will fly-by the turns based on your flight plan in the SV-MAP-270 navigation software (SkyView's own mapping capability), even without GPSS from an external ARINC-connected device. You don't need the converter.

The ARINC-429 converter is ONLY used when you are connecting the SkyView to an external, certified GPS like a Garmin 430 or the new GTN navigators. GPSS, which is a set of commands that those units can send over ARINC to have much the same effect as SkyView's built-in capability, is one of the things that the SV-ARINC-429 module enables. But more generally , the SV-ARINC-429 enables complete communication with the Garmin GTN and 430/530 series products. If you have one of those, you want the ARINC module. If you don't, as you've described in your configuration, you won't need the ARINC module.