Network Status Error

Rdone

I have two SV7's with all the usual stuff attached. Today I updated the software and am now getting the Network Status Error Data 2 (pins 4 and 8) message on both efis's. (or is it efis')

I actually have the exact description shown in the troubleshooting section of the manual where it says in red below...

For example, a “SKYVIEW NETWORK CONNECTION FAULT – DATA 2 PAIR (PINS 4 AND 8)” listed
below an SV-ADAHRS-200 listing in the network status page means that pins 4 and 8 on a
SkyView Network harness or connector that goes to that component has a connectivity
problem. This could be a broken wire, swapped wires, bad connection, etc., and should be
analyzed with a multimeter or other direct method.

If the fault were instead listed under a SkyView display listing in the network status page, that
means that the fault is seen on all devices connected to that display, and is likely due to a
connectivity issue at or very near the display in your SkyView Network wiring scheme.

Does this mean it is in the harness that connects the two efis? I rang all the wires as well as the wires on the cat5 cable and they all were fine. Could the fault be somewhere else?? What does VERY NEAR mean?

jakej

No need to bother with 'bussing' the Cat 5, it has a different function & is not part of the network wiring.
I'd suggest 1 of 3 potential problem areas considering you have wrung out the wiring using a multimeter.
1. One of 9pin dsub connectors is not properly seated.
2. A socket in a dsub has retracted sufficiently to not make contact with its mate - just using a multimeter will not show that, a disassembly of the backshell will confirm or not if that's a problem - if you made some of your harnesses & used the Dynon wiring loom then I'd check those first. In that case you should be checking pin 4 (white with blue stripe) & pin 8 (white with green stripe). Give them a light pull too, just to confirm they are 'locked' in place. :)

Jaque

Thanks Jake. I'll give that a try.
Hey, how did you make out with this? I have the same error but have pin 4 as one of the tie ins to my GTR 200 and the number 8 to my ELT which I have configured. Error still persists.

Rdone

We fixed it but I'm honestly not sure how. We reset everything many times. I have two sv700's so I think perhaps doing full reset on both may have been the key as it might have been repopulating the other screen when only resetting one (if that makes sense). One day we tested it with a friends stratux and it showed correctly. Sorry can't give a more precise answer.

Jaque

My error is under the SV-DISPLAY, network connection fault, data 2 pair (pins 4 and 8).
My pin 4 is the TX on serial port 1 for the GTX 200 which is functioning.
Pin 8 is the TX from serial port 3 to my ELT. This shows output on the counter for that port.
Maybe Don can help here.

Lon

Rdone, Your post earlier today helped me solve a network problem I've been having and described in a separate thread on this Forum titled "Replacement ADAHRS installed, configured and 'Ready' but 'Not Detected.'" Thank you!

DBRV10

I have seen this kind of warning on a few systems, and recently I had a serial port to the ADSB In receiver go offline. It seems there is a communications bug, that once corrected by a reboot is all fine. Fortunately this happens at start up.

So it might be you have a pin problem, but maybe not.