New AGL map info item not working

akarmy

I love flying!
Has anyone been able to test out the new AGL map info item? It was listed as a feature in the latest software update. I have a Skyview Classic 10" screen and while the option shows up in the map info list, when you select it the screen is simply blank where the info item should be. The other items put a shaded box up and show their values where the AGL option does not even show the shaded box it's just blank.

Is there something else that has to be setup to make this new feature work?

Palmer180

The one thing I wanted from the update :-( Doesn't work for me either. I waited some time to update - gunshy after losing forecast winds after a previous update. I'm no coder but how hard can it be to check functionality before release?

Bob Y

Worked fine on my HDX - no issues. I too had been waiting for this one. Give me END GALS and I’ll be a happy camper!

Attachments

• 6027C388-00DA-45A1-98C6-7D5FE443AC7E.jpeg
    6027C388-00DA-45A1-98C6-7D5FE443AC7E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 184

Tim Fitz

Any update Dynon? From these posts it appears to work on HDX but not on classic screens. Does not work on my classic screen as described above.

Rhino

Might want to contact them with that question. While Dynon does check these forums from time to time, they do not actively monitor them. You may get a quick answer to a support question here, and you may not. And if they don't see your question......

Palmer180

Might want to contact them with that question. While Dynon does check these forums from time to time, they do not actively monitor them. You may get a quick answer to a support question here, and you may not. And if they don't see your question......
2nd post in the thread; "I reported this to Dynon shortly after the latest release. They have referred the matter to engineering."

Rhino

Yeah, Tim was asking for an update. He'd need to contact Dynon for that.

jiott

I hope the bug squashing queue for this item is very short; I have been waiting for this AGL feature for 10 years. Its really the only new item that is important to me, and I suspect others.

soarhead

Yes - end gallons please - much more helpful than gallons at waypoint.

I display fuel remaining as a time value, ie 4:00 hrs remaining and compare that to my time to destination value, ie 2:30 remaining. Same concept and information, just different values. I use my fuel at waypoint information for fuel progress checks against a nav log and for continue or divert decision points if I am on a fuel critical plan.

ned

I love flying!
I hope the bug squashing queue for this item is very short; I have been waiting for this AGL feature for 10 years. Its really the only new item that is important to me, and I suspect others.
Updated firmware and made first flight with AGL indication on screen. Worked flawlessly and I am now a happy camper. Thank you Dynon.