New behavior with dual screens?

cdeerinck

I love flying!
I am still building my RV-8, and not flying yet.  I upgraded the software several months ago.  After just finishing up some new wiring, I turn the system on to check things out, and noticed what I think of as "new behavior".

When I push "Display" on my left screen, it allows me to pick what to display.  When I push "Display" on my right screen, the screen just goes black.

When on the left screen I push "Swap", the two screens swap, and the right screen now has the "Display" button work, and the left screen goes black.

Maybe that is a "new feature", or not.  Can anyone point me to anything that describes how to work with this?  Or do I have something messed up in my configurations?

One very big negative is that if I lose the screen that is controlling the pair, I no longer have any way to change the display of the remaining screen.  Surely that wasn't desired behavior?

I was going to write what was between the asterisks above, but I went out to the garage to check the software version first.  Now both displays just go black when I push the "Display" button.

Help?!?

cdeerinck

I love flying!
I have updated to 15.3.4, and there is no change in behavior. Hitting either "Display" or "Menu" causes most of the screen to go black. Just the top band and buttons remain.

They are pretty much unusable at this point. I guess a call into support will have to happen.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That's a rare bug that we've seen rarely. Get in touch with our support team at support at dynonavionics dot com, and they can help you.