New Dual Band ADS-B for SkyView / AF-5000 Systems

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
New from Dynon: The SV-ADSB-472 Dual Band ADS-B Traffic and Weather Receiver. With a smaller footprint, lower price, and reception on both 978 MHz (UAT) and 1090 MHz ADS-B frequencies, the SV-ADS-472 offers superior ADS-B reception for SkyView and AF-5000 pilots.

Already own an SV-ADSB-470? We have an affordable trade-in program if you'd like to upgrade.

SV-ADSB-472Dual-07.png

SV-ADSB-472Dual-01.png

GalinHdz

YAAAAAYYYY!!! When can we expect mounting dimensions so those of us that have an SV-ADSB-470 can make a mounting bracket adaptor or will you have one available for purchase?

;)

turbopilot

Much smaller:

Specifications

The ADS-B antenna must be installed at least two-feet from the transponder antenna.

Dimensions: The SV-ADSB-472 is approximately 2.79" x 4.10" x .97" in outside dimensions.
Weight: 0.3 lb. (0.12 kg)
Power: 0.05A @ 12V DC

swatson999

It is directly pin compatible with the 470.

Outstanding! I'm in!

And a huge thanks to Dynon for, once again, listening to the customers and providing what they request at a reasonable price...you guys continue to impress me, and make me glad I chose you as the provider of virtually all of my avionics!

Glè mhath!

dougnlina

I love flying!
NIce, so I have $1000 unit in a box, and if I spend another $300 I can upgrade to an item worth $800 :-?

Taigajoe

Hi Dynon,

you wrote in the description it cannot share the transponder's antenna. But can it share the antenna of an TCAS?

jc2da

NIce, so I have $1000 unit in a box, and if I spend another $300 I can upgrade to an item worth $800 :-?

I think it is more like you have a $500 unit now (maybe even less) if you sold it somewhere. $800 minus the $500 you might get leaves you still spending the same $300.

Thus, i just opted for the trade-in myself. Dont have to hassle with finding a buyer.

swatson999

What are you talking about?

The costs are as follows:

If you purchased an SV-ADSB-470 between Dec 1, 2016 and today, you are eligible for trade-in at no cost.
If you purchased an SV-ADSB-470 before Dec 1, 2016, you are eligible for trade-in at a cost of $295

dwightsmall

I love flying!
Hats off to Dynon. Many of us have wanted this for a long time. This will greatly improve the traffic "picture" in the areas and altitudes where I fly. The trade-in offer will take the sting out of making the upgrade.

dwightsmall

I love flying!
The addition of the dual band receiver, i.e. 1090, will be a significant safety improvement. My non-towered airport, Marana, AZ (KAVQ), has a wild mix of activity including jumpers, nearby aerobatic box, ultra lights, nordo traffic, an occasional balloon and biz jets. Airplanes near pattern altitude presently are below radar coverage (ADSB 978 also spotty) so often not displayed on my single band Dynon. Particularly worrisome are the high speed biz jets, most all of which are 1090 ES-out equipped. When I install the dual band receiver I'll be able to "see" these guys, even at my "six" regardless of their (or my) altitude. I make a month-long trip each year to the upper mid-west where I use mostly non-towered airports, many of which are served by regional carriers. ADSB coverage in the upper mid-west leaves a lot to be desired so around these airports these airplanes simply don't show. With the addition of 1090 capabilities I should display these planes via direct airplane to airplane ADSB, no ATC radar or no ADSB ground antennas needed. From comments I've heard from local pilots and from pilots on the various blogs and forums, I don't think the significance of the dual band feature is fully understood. Thanks again, Dynon.

CRW

I love flying!
Can you give me the dimension of the mounting holes?
This would be a good time for me to drill the holes for mounting the SV-ADSB-472.

Best regards,
Chuck

W

William_Ince

New from Dynon: The SV-ADSB-472 Dual Band ADS-B Traffic and Weather Receiver. With a smaller footprint, lower price, and reception on both 978 MHz (UAT) and 1090 MHz ADS-B frequencies, the SV-ADS-472 offers superior ADS-B reception for SkyView and AF-5000 pilots.
Does the SV-ADSB-472 Dual Band ADS-B Traffic and Weather Receiver provide capability so tablets can also display weather and traffic from the receiver?

If so, is it networked to tablets by wi-fi or Bluetooth?

dwightsmall

I love flying!
wmince, I've copied and pasted a link that was posted by Dynon on the 23rd. The link has a drawing of the mounting dimensions, holes etc for the new SV-472.

http://www.dynonavionics.com/drawings-cad-models.php

cbennet12

Does the SV-ADSB-472 Dual Band ADS-B Traffic and Weather Receiver provide capability so tablets can also display weather and traffic from the receiver?

If so, is it networked to tablets by wi-fi or Bluetooth?

15.0.2 added that capability for the 470 so either it will be supported for the 472 or it would be likely added soon.  It is transmitted via the Dynon Wi-fi dongle.

Craig

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dwight,
Glad you're excited about our new dual band receiver!

Just to set expectations correctly, Biz Jets currently have the lowest ADS-B equipage rate in the fleet. It can cost $200,000 to equip a $2M jet, so a lot of them are waiting. Current equipage is significantly under 10%. Airliners are next with equipage just over 10%.

By 2020, this clearly will be very different as you need ADS-B to go above 10,000 feet. But for now, it is unfortunately expected that you will not see many of these planes when not in a place with ground coverage.

swatson999

Dwight,
Glad you're excited about our new dual band receiver!

Just to set expectations correctly, Biz Jets currently have the lowest ADS-B equipage rate in the fleet. It can cost $200,000 to equip a $2M jet, so a lot of them are waiting. Current equipage is significantly under 10%. Airliners are next with equipage just over 10%.

By 2020, this clearly will be very different as you need ADS-B to go above 10,000 feet. But for now, it is unfortunately expected that you will not see many of these planes when not in a place with ground coverage.

Any info on what the equipage rate is for EAB?