New FIS-B Offerings

MD11AV8R

I love flying!
When can we expect a new software update to include the recently added FIS-B products now offered through ADSB, such as lightening strike detection, etc?

Raymo

I love aviation!
FWIW, the data is there but not yet displayed on SV but it is available in Foreflight, connected over WiFi, once the option is selected from the menu.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The next version of software - v16 - will have lightning. The other products will follow on after that.

Flying_Monkey

The next version of software - v16 - will have lightning. The other products will follow on after that.
Maybe this question belongs in the certified forum but will lightning feature make its way in to a certified release? I am assuming the software releases are either completely separate or certified lags behind?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It should. But, our approach to software updates is likely to evolve. The general principle is that feature that we can bring to both should make it, but there may be times, due to certification or other reasons, where that won't be the case.

MD11AV8R

I love flying!
So when is v16 due to be released. I was led to believe that it would be soon after Oshkosh.