New HSI

Tom_Costanza

Your HSI looks great. The only downside is having to change screens to see it. It would be the berries if you could overlay the main screen with the HSI and select high(er) contrast for the main display or the HSI display. I'm not a customer yet, but plan to be for the EMS unit. The D-10a would be a no-brainer if you make this change.

Thanks,
Tom Costanza

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Tom,
I assume panel space is an issue, but the D180 will allow you to show an EMS, EFIS, and HSI all on one screen for $3200. It can only show two at once, but the alarms for the EMS will come through even if you have the EMS hidden at the time.

It's probably your best option. It's really not much bigger than a EMS-D10 and an EFIS-D10A put together and you get a larger screen and dual simultaneous displays for $1000 less.

tiorico

Agreed -- great product !! My D10a, upgraded with 2.19 firmware, worked 1st try with an old Magellan 310.

Question-- why couldn't you add the 1/3 split-screen DG (or small segment) to the 10a? (since you've already done the software for D-100) It would be a little cramped, I know, but some of us are panel-space-limited, and switching back and forth (AI<>DG) is awkward. How about just the digital list of GPS--TRK, SPD, DIST, BRNG, etc ??

Thanks,
Richard V

Thomas_Schaad

What about bringing just GPS TRK as an icon on the heading tape on the ADI?

Another great feature would look as follows: Once an ILS is tuned in via the SL30 there will either two CDI needles appear, overlaying the ADI or one small lateral bug moves on the lower side of the ADI, one vertical one on the left side, just as on many high end ADI's.

This would not cramp the D10A ADI screen as any full overlays of the HSI or split presentations would do. But we still could gain NAV capability on the ADI and to be honest, once established on the ILS, the presentation as I previoulsy described would probably be the only thing I am going to look at.

Kind regards

Thomas ;)

tecnam2003

I agree with all the sentiments requesting a DG overlay on our D10A or a one third split............at least give us the option of decluttering the display as we desire..........many of us elect to fly with the D10A configured only as an ADI without ASI or ALT tapes.......sometimes changing configurations during phases of the the flight............
you have a great product, great flexibility, great support but some of us have physically run out of panel space. HELP

Kevin
NZ

Ken_Harrill

Let me add my support to the suggestion of a "repeater" display or an HSI only display fed by the DSAB. I have the D-10A and I'm so pleased with the HSI, yet frestrated that I have to choose between PFD and HSI. To upgrade to the "100" would be a major rebuild of my panel and would reduce the redundancy that I currently have. I hate to add another D-10A just to get the HSI.

In any case, the firmware upgrade is just great/\.

Ken Harrill

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
How much would people be willing to spend for a D10A sized repeater screen?

aceflyingservice

I would like to mount a "repeater" screen for my backseater. It could only be about an inch thick. I would probably pay $200-$300 for this add-on.

Roger Johnson
LongEZ N34JR

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The problem is that at the volumes we are talking about, we can't really make a device with a screen, aircraft quality power supply, processor, case, and various support stuff for anywhere near $800. If we thought there was a market for it at the price we could make it, we would, but in reality it would probably be closer to $1500, and we don't think many people would pay this.

iflyhawaii2

I would like to be able to throw the HSI data to another D-10A sized screen for under $500. Flipping back and forth on the D-10A is no good.
Greg

tecnam2003

I know we D10A users keep banging on about the HSI not being split screen on our units and some of us have run out of panel space..

How about a similar overlay to the new trutrak display?

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/

being angled, like a compass card maybe it could be selected or not with the declutter/info fields

Kevin
NZ