New SkyView COM Radio

RobertHamilton

Staff member

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The radio is a 25KHz radio only, and it is not manufactured under a TSO or ETSO, so it depends on what your country requires.

mmarien

Murray M.
Nice job on both comm and audio. :) :) :) Too late to install this season but I'll probably put in an order in time for next winter's upgrade project.

klindell

Sorry to say from us, Europeans, but to sell this radio after 17th Nov 2013 is prohibted in Europe.
See http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2012:320:0014:0024:EN:pDF

Might be small market for you, but please, check the possibility to use 8.33

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We are aware of the 8.33KHz mandate in Europe. However, it is more expensive to design and manufacture 8.33KHz radios. The new Dynon radio was designed to be affordable and thus we did not design it for 8.33kHz spacing. I it cannot be modified in software. We are interested in a future 8.33kHz product but we have no plans to introduce one at present.

flaude

I already have a 8,33 in my plane so I will probably go for a second radio by Dynon

I like the total integration with the skyview

sunfish

I love flying!
Not usable in Australia without some type of approval. - pity.

sunfish

I love flying!
The radio has to be approved by CASA or be Tso'd or meet some other country's standards

jakej

The radio has to be approved by CASA or be Tso'd or meet some other country's standards

not quite correct, sorry - it's our communications authority who approve radios of all types here, just like in the USA.  A TSO'd radio is required for IFR, that's CASA's regulation  ;)

Jake J

jakej

Not usable in Australia without some type of approval. - pity.

Incorrect - you can use them however there is no requirement for 8.33 spacing.

Just wondering who you are & where you get this erroneous & misleading info ? :-?

Please understand, I'm not wanting to 'flame' you but you need to get the facts right ;)

Jake J

diablouser

I love flying!
I am currently wiring my panel with dual Skyviews and a P.S.  Engineering  Par100EX in a RV-10.   

Can the new com be wired to the PAR100EX as any other radio as com 2?

If so there will be a never installed ICOM 200 for sale and a new hole in the freshly painted panel!

Bruce Patton

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't claim familiarity with all the other intercoms on the market such as the Par100EX, but

The SV-COM-C25 is like any other radio in that it has audio input (microphone), audio output (headphones), and a PTT (Push To Talk) signal to switch the radio from receive to transmit.

But, of course, the SV-COM-C25 (or 2) will really shine when mated to an Dynon SV-INTERCOM-2S ;)

I am currently wiring my panel with dual Skyviews and a P.S.  Engineering  Par100EX in a RV-10.   

Can the new com be wired to the PAR100EX as any other radio as com 2?

If so there will be a never installed ICOM 200 for sale and a new hole in the freshly painted panel!

Bruce Patton

sunfish

I love flying!
JakeJ. I'm fitting a Skyview which will be purchased from Horsham aviation for an experimental category aircraft.

I think I've read that the radio needs ACMA approval and CASA regs also state there are a variety of Australian technical specs to be passed OR the radio is TSO'd or equivalent foreign spec.

There is a table of radio requirements somewhere in AIP but I can't find it just now.

...otherwise I might fit Two.

jakej

JakeJ. I'm fitting a Skyview which will be purchased from Horsham aviation for an experimental category aircraft.

I think I've read that the radio needs ACMA approval and CASA regs also state there are a variety of Australian technical specs to be passed OR the radio is TSO'd or equivalent foreign spec.

There is a table of radio requirements somewhere in AIP but I can't find it just now.

...otherwise I might fit Two.

I would like to assist where I can - check your pm

alpinestar

anxiously awaiting the user and installation manuals; a few questions in the meantime...
how is the dual watch activated?
when sending from skyview to the radio, is a single frequency sent, or the whole set of frequencies for an airport?
are there any location constraints for the RF module as related to transponder, etc?
Thanks and anxious for the release of the radio!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Dual watch is activated by pressing and holding the bottom knob for a moment.

There are a bunch of ways to use the airport feature, actually. You can "load" an entire airport into the control panel by spinning in the characters via the dual concentric knobs on the control panel, or, you can select via the nearest airports. One tap of the apt button activates the latter nearest list, while 2 activates the former typing mode.

OR, anytime you have airport info up or an airport selected in nearest or another list, a couple of button pushes on the SV menu will all load the airport into the control panel.

Once you've done any of the above, pressing the frequency-specific buttons on the control panel then loads them into standby. Press the lower knob (flip /flop) to make that freq active.

OR, anytime you're looking at a COM frequency on an airport info page, a TUNE button will show up on the menu bar to shoot that freq into sby.