New Transponder with existing Skyview

rfazio1951

I sent my transponder in for repairs and it took kind of long so Dynon is sending me out a replacement SV XPNDR-261. Thank you Dynon. My question is, when I connect the new transponder up to my system, do I need to go into setup and configure the transponder or will my original settings work with the new transponder? I guess I mean are the settings saved in the Skyview or in the transponder?

jakej

settings are saved in the SV, I usually do a configure anyway just to make sure that the whole system is as it should be - just a little effort to do that :)

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Richard, In this case it should be plug and play and you shouldn't have to do anything to get it working.

Spcialeffects

I love flying!
Can I ask what was wrong with your transponder as I am also having a problem with mine. My faults is DPSK unlock.

rfazio1951

Well, my transponder was working fine for a few years. I had updated it a few times and all was well. Then, recently I saw a yellow note in the setup pages that it had an update available. I ignored it once. Then later I updated the screen to the latest version 15 whatever, and again saw the yellow note that an update was available for the transponder. So I figured I would do it. I watched it go through the update and it finished. Then it said the transponder was off line and needed a reboot. I shut the system down and rebooted it. I got transponder fail! then I called Dynon and they told me how to do a hard reset, Still no luck. I ended up sending it in.

Spcialeffects

I love flying!
Trig have mine at the moment, as the Dynon is a TT21 with modified software and they think my issue is a software thing between trig and Dynon so I’ll wait and see what they say next week hopefully