Newbie ?: Extended Runway Centerlines

AGLyme

I love flying!
New Plane (CTLSi), New HDX's. I am just now reviewing the manual and flying the plane when weather permits. I budget at least 20 minutes each time I go out warming the plane up and exploring the Dynon's capabilities that are new to me.

I am excited to stumble on the Extended Runway Centerlines feature discussions in this forum today, I didn't know I had the feature. I installed the Seattle blah Airport Plates (3 USB's installed in the 3 Dynons)... and the Sectional "background" comes with it. My CFI loved the Sectional, I want to revert back to the simpler Dynon Map interface (less is more)... the tons of info on the Sectional is distracting. I bring a paper Sectional with me.

? please: 1) How can I kill the "Sectional" interface and revert back to the good old Dynon background map, and, 2) Is there a "button" to toggle to get the Extended Runway Centerlines or will the Dynon Map "automatically" reveal the Centerlines as I approach the airports... I see this as a hugely valuable feature.

Thank you for your time and patience with the new guy.

Best to all in Dynonville, Andrew (based at KSNC)

skysailor

I believe the sectional is a layer that you toggle on or off. When you turn it off, the Dynon map will display.

The extended centerlines (for your destination airport only) appear automatically depending on the distance from the airport. You control when this happens in the setup menu options. I have mine set to appear within 30 miles of the field. The will remain displayed as you zoom in during arrival.

AGLyme

I love flying!
Thank you, will try it all tomorrow AM when our weather finally cooperates.

rlmarshall

Have you seen the Dynon Avionics YouTube Videos?  There are a few on the HDX setup and functions.  The Sectional is one of the choices of Map Layers--you can select Sectional, Topog, Low and High IFR, all from the Main Menu Page. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAE_QBmwmOc&list=PLjU8CSiBHFbZ8SrqM8PZw22dm_HYaSnYJ

AGLyme

I love flying!
Thank you Bob and Skysailor...

Went flying today, my first real solo long flight adventure. I figured out how to get back to the Native SkyView background, which is TONS cleaner than the "Sectional" view.

And, as Skysailor mentioned, as I approached the airport, there was a thin green line revealing the Extended Runways... very cool, and easy to navigate the plane to the Downwind leg. Great stuff.

I also used AutoPilot for the first time successfully. Next Up... Flight Planning... thanks again all, Andrew