Next generation EFIS options?

marco330

Hi all,
just came back from Oshkosh and saw the next generation technology preview at the Dynon booth. I looked at all the other avionics manufacturers booth as well, but must say that I like the Dynon the most. For my Glasair III project it would be perfect! I was just wondering if there are plans to incorporate a flight path vector (FPV) in the design as well?? Saw it at Grand Rapids Avionics and this along with all the other options with the Dynon, the system would be complete! The setup at Oshkosh was an early prototype, so it could be incorporated in the final product ... just my 2 cents worth,

Kind regards from the Netherlands, Europe

Marco Lange

brian2034

Hi Marco,

I'm building a Glasair Super II RG and I agree Dynon will be #1 if their new system has what they offered at OSH!!

marco330

All the glass cockpits really look great, but if Dynon would have the flight path vector on their new system it would be top of the line!
So my question for the Dynon guys on the forum still stands:

will the next generation Dynon EFIS have the flight path vector ?

Thanks,

Marco

triple7driver

It's interesting to me that you guys would find this feature that important. The only time I ever use it in the Boeings I fly is when landing in an extreme crosswind. It would also be somewhat useful for dropping bombs or other gravity ordinance, unfortunately the airplanes I fly now don't come with that option ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Actually, with synthetic vision that has full airport depictions, it makes landing pretty nice. Just put the flight path indicator on the runway threshold and that's where you'll arrive. Or put it above a hill and you'll clear it.

It's less helpful on a system that doesn't have a display that has real world references on it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
And also, if you're shooting an ILS or any other approach with vertical guidance, and know the angle that you need to make (which is published on approach charts), you can set the flight path marker there once you're on GS and the needle will take care of itself.

dwcrews

Just another tidbid of info from a flt path marker is your angle of attack in degrees. It's the difference from it to the aircraft pitch. Could be incorporated to act as a stall warning if you want to.

Check Six!!

Dan Crews

triple7driver

And also, if you're shooting an ILS or any other approach with vertical guidance, and know the angle that you need to make (which is published on approach charts), you can set the flight path marker there once you're on GS and the needle will take care of itself.
Yeah....I suppose on a display without a dual or even a single cueing flight director it (FPV) could almost function as one.