Next system software release

johnsteichen

OK, so when does the next announced software upgrade get released. You guys always announce something at Oshkosh and then leave us hanging till "Fall" Ugh, that could be December. :D

rvator51

I thought last year, they delivered a release just a week or two before Oshkosh. But I am impatient for the new features too!

mmarien

Murray M.
HITS. Does that just work with IFR approaches or are we going to see HITS any time the flight director is activated?

RV711AC

Patience! Better have it good than soon! With several platforms it may require more testing than previous releases. Currently it is a fine instrument anything else is icing on the cake. That said I want to see it soon as well.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
HITS will be available anytime any GPS flight plan is active. It is not connected to the flight director.

jc2da

+1 for a MAP declutter button!!! :D Both Garmin and Avidyne have them!

preid

HITS will be available anytime any GPS flight plan is active. It is not connected to the flight director.

How about VNAV to or above the airport? same thing?
Thx

krw5927

I love flying!
At initial release the boxes will be at the altitude bug.

So always at a fixed altitude?  When following vertical guidance on an ILS or LPV approach the HITS boxes will stay at whatever altitude the bug is set, even though the FD is following VNAV?   :(

If this is true, please also include a way to disable this feature.

preid

Although I admit I don't think I understand if the VNAV will work with the VFR MAP and if it will be displayed as HITS and/or the lateral line ala ILS appearance, the altitude bug is the altitude your destination would be at. So I would think move the Alt bug to 100 and currently you would see a blue arc with the location of where aircraft will be at that designated altitude, no different than it would be today. I envision that sensitive blue arc would be replaced by a less sensitive HITS and/or hopeful line so I can scan the line quickly (again- like a ILS) when approaching VFR, HITS is more of my staring at it and realigning on screen.
For those folks that think ILS is IFR- yes, I know I am using it as an example of what I would like to see while looking outside under VFR conditions- I get it! :)

hmanvel

Another vote for declutter. With all of the new features on the screen, it would be nice to be able to (for example) just see ADSB traffic.

Schorsch

I'm never going to use declutter - I zoom in for approaching traffic and want everything still there for locating it...

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
OK...I give. After a Google search I still cannot determine what is"HITS".

I think we have a TMA issue here!!!

Ahhh come on...dont know what TMA is?!?!?

;)

jdubner

Another vote for declutter.  With all of the new features on the screen, it would be nice to be able to (for example) just see ADSB traffic.
I requested "de-clutter" nearly three years ago:
http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1407444060/0#0

Dynon's response was pretty low-key.

Since then, things have only become more cluttered (e.g. "North up" icon, ADS-B status).

How about it, Dynon?

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
Ohhh... this sounds cool.

I betcha still have not guessed what TMA is...

Thanks

n456ts

Do not write below this line
I'm never going to use declutter - I zoom in for approaching traffic and want everything still there for locating it...

+1!

dnhill

Still requesting :

1. If an airport does not have a Terminal Forecast, the closest one would be displayed.
2. Animated Radar from ADS-B