night mode stuck

willymac

Have 10A for about 10 years, and it seems the night mode is on, and I can't find anywhere in the menu to change it back to day mode. It's normally automatic. Haven't update the software. Any suggestions?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There isn't any day/night mode on the EFIS-D10A. Do you mean that the screen is always very dim? On that product, it should always boot up to full brightness, no matter how you previously had it set on the last flight.

willymac

The screen shows the sky as black, the earth is green, but the flight info is white. Looks like this at high noon and bright sunlight.

Attachments

• dynon night mode.jpg
    dynon night mode.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 232

willymac

Sometimes when I first turn on the Dynon, all the colors are there, blue sky, tan ground, red, yellow and green with white. Within about 3 minutes, starting from the left, it slowly sweeps on a vertical line with the colors on the left going to black for the sky and green for the ground. This takes about a minute. The green, yellow, and red for airspeed stay the same, and the digital AS and ALT are white. It's still usable, but eventually I'll probably have to send it back.
Thanks,
Bill

willymac

Well one month later, I turned the Dynon on, and all the colors were there and stayed there during 30 minutes of aerobatics. Didn't know these things could fix themselves, so I won't need to send it back in..
Bill

jakej

Nothing 'fixes' itself, it just goes away to bite you another day - unless of course you did something unknowingly while checking connections etc that did 'fix' it ;).

willymac

After working normal for half a dozen flight, now the colors on the left 1/4 of the display are showing black for the sky and yellow for the white symbology. Still readable.