NO ADSB OUT: GPS LOST

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
I am getting a "NO ADSB OUT: GPS LOST" annunciation.

I have a GTN-650, a SV GPS 2020, and a SV-XPNDR 261

I pushed the airplane out into the clear view of the sky and I looked at the SV GPS status and also the GTN GPS status and they both showed sufficient satellites and they each had the map displayed on their respective screens so I have confirmed that the GPS systems are each working.

The Pilot User Guide says that this caution notification means "The GPS source that provides GPS position to the SV-XPNDR-261 for ADS-B Out use is offline"

Can anyone please offer some troubleshooting advice?

THANKS!!!

skysailor

I think the transponder gets the information from the Skyview over a serial port. Check the serial port setup in the Skyview to make sure your SV-XPNDR 261 is shown and properly configured. Then look to see there is message traffic on the bus. You should see steady counting Good Messages and no Bad Messages. Just a thought.

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
Thanks for the information.

I looked at the USA 91.227 Compliant page and is says
NO
CONFIGURED SIL =3 SDA =2
NO GPS DATA
OR SKYVIEW GPS DATA MISCONFIGURED

Here are the pictures of the ARINC and TRANSPONDER setup pages.

Would by chance see anything that is not properly configured or have any suggestions on where to look?

THANKS!!!

Attachments

• ARINC 429 SETUP PAGE 1.jpg
    ARINC 429 SETUP PAGE 1.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 201
  • ARINC 429 SETUP PAGE 2.jpg
    ARINC 429 SETUP PAGE 2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 198
  • Transponder Setup.jpg
    Transponder Setup.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 227

Dynon101

I love flying!<br />
Oh and the USA 91.227 page also says

GPS DATA (OFFLINE) DYNON SV-GPS-2020
ADS-B IN FREQUENCY (BOTH: SV-ADSB-472

skysailor

You say the map is displayed but the screen shows the GPS 2020 offline so the information is not getting to the system. Any chance there is a question mark where the plane should be on the map? I think a call to Dynon support on the phone is in order. Check your System>Serial setup page and look for the GPS 2020 which is normally on serial port 5. Does it have good messages flow and no bad messages?

DBRV10

Have you got the GTN configured and wired right.

As well as the serial port for the SV-GPS, and the ARINC.....all as per the Installation guide.

Simple things will do it.

Also, just for the sake of it, does it ever work? If so what frequency is the radio tuned to and also how close are your two GPS antennas?