"No Compatible files found in the main folder" - Can not update maps

Gattsama

Got the plane out of annual (took 7 weeks for varied of reasons). I use the Airmate North American services for maps and plates. I downloaded the newest maps and plates via their windows app, send to USB drive. Have done this several times before without issue. However, this time I got a message:

"No Compatible files found in the main folder of the USB drive. Files in the sub-folders can not be accessed by Skyview."

I downloaded and transferred again no different. I have two folders: "ChartData" and "Raster". Both have data in them. In fact when I select Info, I can see current plates. But I can not select the maps to transfer. Under Map Layers I only have the default Skyview map or Topo. Have emailed Airmate and Dynon but no response yet. My search of these forum from people with similar issue, but didn't see a posted resolution. Any ideas??

Dynon Screen.jpg
AirMate ScreensJPG.JPG

Rhino

Is the drive formatted as FAT 32 file system?

Gattsama

Is the drive formatted as FAT 32 file system?

Yes, FAT32. And the current plates are being read by the Dynon System. I just can not load the current maps?? Using the same USB drives as always, and the Airmate program as always (previous 6 months)...

Gattsama

I would suspect an Airmate issue.

As do I. Documentation is hard to read through, but it appears there should be a Chartmap....key file on the root directory and I don't see that. Have emailed Airmate but no response yet (normally they are on it in less than 24hrs but was the weekend).

N2843R

As do I. Documentation is hard to read through, but it appears there should be a Chartmap....key file on the root directory and I don't see that. Have emailed Airmate but no response yet (normally they are on it in less than 24hrs but was the weekend).
You need that .key file in the root directory in order to access the map data. Plates do not need the key file. This file should have been loaded onto your USB drive. It is specific only to your system.

Redbud40

Similar problem here but I have the key file in root directory. Plus, I don’t download the IFR and VFR maps to Skyview when it works correctly. They’re on the usb and display from there. Same with Charts but the Charts are working. Just can’t bring up VFR and IFR layers.

airguy

Similar problem here but I have the key file in root directory. Plus, I don’t download the IFR and VFR maps to Skyview when it works correctly. They’re on the usb and display from there. Same with Charts but the Charts are working. Just can’t bring up VFR and IFR layers.
Are you running 17.1 software? There have been a couple reports of USB read/write errors associated with 17.1, a possible bug.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Most times we see this issue, it is because there is already one thumb drive plugged into the system (charts is the usual culprit)
and the system will not recognize the second thumb drive plugged in.