No longer seeing nav data from gns480

Vincentsei

I love flying!
I installed version 10 and I no longer see any nav data from my Apollo cnx80/garmin gns 480. I can edit the name for the GPS but the HSI only shows the name for the GPS but has dashes for distance and waypoint name. I have it configured as serial two and it is showing cnx80gns480 as the data type. It used to work fine in 7.1. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Vince

Vincentsei

I love flying!
Level button on autopilot cause aggressive climb

I just upgraded to version 10 from 7.1 and have my auto pilot configured for expert mode. The autopilot was tuned and worked great in 7.1 but in 10 if I hit the level button in level flight the aircraft immediately does and aggressive nose up climb. My aircraft is a tail dragged and I have a 5 degree bias selected on the configuration page. Could the level function not be taking that into account? Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vince

led

Hi,

The autopilot references true level, regardless of the setting of Flight Angle Pitch adjust.

One possibility is that you are flying faster than the AP maximum speed, and it is pulling up to reduce speed.

Vincentsei

I love flying!
I have maximum ap speed set at 183 knots and I was at 150 when I pressed level. The plane leveled the wings and started an aggressive climb. I have tried it now on three sorties and keep getting the same result. Any other ideas?

paulduns

I installed version 10 and I no longer see any nav data from my Apollo cnx80/garmin gns 480. I can edit the name for the GPS but the HSI only shows the name for the GPS but has dashes for distance and waypoint name.  I have it configured as serial two and it is showing cnx80gns480 as the data type.  It used to work fine in 7.1. Any ideas?  Thanks for the help.

Hi Vincent, see our reply in this thread. Let us know if that doesn't fix you situation: http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1396370483/2#2

Vincentsei

I love flying!
Ok I set it to no and I still don't see nav data from my cnx80. It's configured as cnx80 serial 2. When I look at the message traffic the dynon is reporting messages received but has error and when you look at the data it's all 0000000. Worked fine in 7.1 but nothing in 10.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Vincent,
Your system seems to have experienced a lot of changes when you upgraded from v7 to v10. It's almost like a bunch of your settings were lost. Are the CNX-80 and the AP the only issues you have encountered?

Do you have more than one screen in the plane? Are you sure the CNX-80 is wired to Serial port #2?

We asked some questions about your AP install in your other thread:
http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1397434826/0#0

Vincentsei

I love flying!
I have a 10 inch and a seven inch display installed and the auto pilot level and the serial GPS data are the only issues I have noticed. I have entered the set up pages on both displays and both are identical ( I have never just tried powering on o e display at at time to see what happens) The gps is wired to both displays serial 2 port.