Not seeing VFR layer?

jc2da

I figured i would start a new topic on this. My update went well.

However, one thing i noticed right away is that I do not have a VFR layer option. I only see Terrain.

I got the updated data manager and did the download and verified it says everything is current. I can even see the PNG files under the ChartData\SEC root folder with a windows image viewer.

I do see Charts as usual but no sectionals. Maybe i missed a step?

Thanks!
Jae

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Jae:

You can verify that you have all the charts downloaded to the USB flash drive. On the SkyView display where the charts USB flash drive is plugged in:

SETUP MENU > LOCAL DISPLAY SETUP > INSTALLED DATABASES

The databases on the USB flash drive begin at PROCEDURE CHARTS AND AIRPORT DIAGRAMS

I figured i would start a new topic on this. My update went well.

However, one thing i noticed right away is that I do not have a VFR layer option. I only see Terrain.

I got the updated data manager and did the download and verified it says everything is current. I can even see the PNG files under the ChartData\SEC root folder with a windows image viewer.

I do see Charts as usual but no sectionals. Maybe i missed a step?

Thanks!
Jae

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Jae,
Do you have a non-zero sized "ScannedCharts.sqlite" file in the ChartData folder?

jc2da

ScannedCharts.sqlite file is 42kb in size.

I probably won't be able to try the System menu check until this Sunday. I'll report back as soon as i do. I did try a few restarts but nothing changed.

lindsayj

ScannedCharts.sqlite file is 42kb in size.

I probably won't be able to try the System menu check until this Sunday. I'll report back as soon as i do. I did try a few restarts but nothing changed.

Jae/Dynon: I also have a 42kb SQLite file, and in Charts are LO and SEC. If I open those folders I can see data. The Seattle chart manager displays all the expected green indicator lights for the secs and lo enroutes on both the computer and device. So it looks like the memory stick is OK. However in the airplane pushing the Layer button delivers "Terrain". Pushing the Terrain button causes the Map background to black. Going to Local Display setup>Data Bases>Procedures>Enroute Charts Yields "NONE". So my system does not read that data for some reason, same as Jae. I'm using Windows 7 and Explorer 11. All the other facets of Firmware 10 I've visited in the hangar look great. Can't wait to see the enroute charts in the air. Thanks for helping...Jack L.

hmanvel

I just looked at mine, it appears that all the files are there on the usb stick, but the Skyview system shows Enroute Charts>none.

L

larrynew

I also had problems with the data being on the memory stick but not seeing it in Skyview. I believe my problems were caused by changing things on the ChartData Manager Scanned Charts section after I had already downloaded some of the states. I solved it by deleting the HI, LOW and SEC folders on the stick (be sure the ChartData Manager is closed or it will put the files back on the stick - ask me how I know) and re-downloading the charts. All works great now.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We are working with Seattle Avionics on the issues with getting data to download and display properly.

One thing to check: What size of USB drive are you using? It's possible that the drive is running out of space and the Download Manager is not notifying you of that fact. This is especially likely if you try to download the entire US.

lindsayj

I solved it by deleting the HI, LOW and SEC folders on the stick (be sure the ChartData Manager is closed or it will put the files back on the stick - ask me how I know) and re-downloading the charts. All works great now.

I did the same with the same results. I have no idea what I did wrong in the first place. The 16 gig sticks have plenty of room left with 8 SEC and LO charts downloaded ;)Jack L

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Can everyone who is having issues please upload the .sqlite file from your USB drives? That will help us analyze what's going on.

Highlander1

I just completed loading 10 states plus the VFR and IFR charts  and put the chip in the Dynon and all the layers came up as advertised. Earlier today when I tried to put in an additional 3 states and installed it in the Dynon there were no layers beyond the terrain one. It looks like the gremlin that was in the system has been done away with. Now I can go back up and show my buddy with his MGL that Dynon does have the best unit. And the Dynon support is terrific.

Gil T

hmanvel

I did the delete/reinstall thing and now mine works too. Not sure what happened the first time around. Looks nice!

jc2da

Same here. Deleted the SEC and LO folders on flash, re-updated with the data manager, and this time it worked.

The scannedcharts.sqlite file is the same exact size but cksum is different. Anyway, this appears to be fixed for me.

Jae

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Glad to hear this approach has worked around the issue for everyone. Is anyone on this thread still having issues with seeing en route charts on the map at this point? If so, we would love to take a look at your .sqlite files. Thanks!

We will still work with SA to make this process more robust.

kalewis

I love flying!
Not sure if this an issue or just the way it is. The resolution on the VFR sectionals appear grainy at all zoom levels. Loaded 10 a few days ago and that's my only issue. Any ideas ?

dedgemon

Glad to hear this approach has worked around the issue for everyone. Is anyone on this thread still having issues with seeing en route charts on the map at this point? If so, we would love to take a look at your .sqlite files. Thanks!

I'm having this exact issue. Came back home yesterday and deleted the HI, LO, SEC directories and redownloaded. Tried again today with no luck. I guess the next try is to completely reformat the stick and start fresh. I'll attach the sqlite file. Had to change suffix to .txt to get the forum to take it.

Attachments

• ScannedCharts.txt
    42 KB · Views: 123

dedgemon

Well, just for good measure I completely reformatted the card and told DataManager to do a download/copy.

No joy! Still can't see Sectionals or Enroutes

I guess tonight I can try blowing away the DataManager and reinstalling and start from scratch. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

jabarr

Add me to the list of ones not able to access sectionals or IFR Hi & Low charts. All was well until I added a state during an update.

eric.reed

I love flying!
I'm having this exact issue. Came back home yesterday and deleted the HI, LO, SEC directories and redownloaded. Tried again today with no luck. I guess the next try is to completely reformat the stick and start fresh. I'll attach the sqlite file. Had to change suffix to .txt to get the forum to take it.

Thank you for sending the file. I want to make sure that you, and anyone else having the problem, are not deselecting the states already downloaded after the download is complete. The Data Manager software automatically manages updates to the selected state, but by deselecting states, you would basically be saying you do not want to see charts for those states anymore. I suspect there is something else going on here, but I want to make sure this is not what's happening.

Again, thank you for the help. That file is the reason charts are not showing up. Now we just need to figure out how it is getting in the state it is.