Not too much information, in the GPS Map.

ULMLEON

Hi, I´ve just finished my SkyView installation (version 3.1). I am from Spain, and the Europe Database, Jeppesen and Obstacles Databases are installed. All works well, but in the GPS Map, I only see the Cities and Jeppesen information with a good ground resolution, but no roads, no rivers, and no towns. I´ve just installed an ULM airfields database, as you said in the manual, with Google Earth, and the conversion to "DUP" files, was correct.
Is this normal? (sorry, but I compare it with my Garmin 496, and in the map I can see, cities, towns, rivers, lakes, my waypoints, and Jeppesen data with Obstacles). Is this possible for Dynon GPS? (or in a future firmware?).
Thanks...

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
SkyView doesn't currently have any roads or other "cultural data", but we're working on adding that. At the moment it's terrain in the background, with airports/airspace, and other aviation navigation aids in the Jeppesen or Dynon(FAA)-provided data overlaying the terrain basemap.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Also, please note that roads/towns/rivers/etc are not part of the Jeppesen database that we buy today. When other products show these, they either use a different source, or they buy them from Jeppesen at an additional cost to the aviation and obstacle data. We're not hiding data that you are already paying for.

trevpond

ULMLEON,

If you go back a couple of pages, you will spot a lot of comment regarding European Mapping and this should tell you all you need to know.

Dynon put out a questionnaire regarding this subject asking us all what we wanted to see on our European and other countries mapping and I know that they are pursuing this.

regards

Trev :D

ULMLEON

ok, thanks for your reply. We´ll wait for new Versions and hope Dynon adds more details for GPS Map.

Trev Pond, I´ll look what you coment about European Mapping. Thanks too.