OAT

Tug

Hi Guys, my oat reads 30c when its only 8c, I have tried both type settings on the Dynon. This reading was with Battery power only, and at the time the battery level was less than 11 volts. Any ideas?
regards
TJ

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Do you have an EMS hooked to the EFIS over DSAB? If you do, make sure you turn off OAT in any of the general purpose inputs on the EMS and then redo DSAB setup.

speeddog7

Dynon,  I'm having a similar problem with a D180 with OAT probe.  The readings are considerably higher than actual temps.  I've tried switching the OAT setting which changes the value, but it's still far from correct.  Any ideas?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Do you have a two wire or a three wire OAT? Is it hooked to the EDC or direct to the D180?

Acropilot

I have lost my OAT twice in the last 9 months. It only goes out for abut 5-10 minutes and only when initially turned on. Doesn't seem to be a big deal but each time it has gone out I thinking that other things will malfunction. Other than wiring, which seems to be ok, is thee anything I should look at or any other cause of a loss of OAT for a short period?

DBRV10

Folks this may or may not apply to your installation but there is a very good thread here with a possible answer.

http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1246280919/9#9

DB :)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No quick and simple answer. Are all of your Dynon product on the latest firmware. Also, is the OAT connected to an EMS pin or through the EDC-D10A remote magnetometer? If the latter, do you lose heading along with OAT?

Acropilot

I have only the Dynon D10A with the latest updates and the Remote magnometer. I did not lose the heading indication. I the loss of OAT occured with different software versions.

Darwin

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sounds like either a flaky probe or EDC-D10A. I wouldn't worry about it making other things unreliable, given the nature of the reading and how it gets into the system. But, I'd first check and make sure that the OAT wiring isn't intermittent in some way. After that, I'd probably give our tech support a call at 425-402-0433 to see about troubleshooting it further if the issue continues.

Acropilot

I wait for it to go out again and record the conditions. This will be very difficult to solve since it may not go out again for a couple of months. In the meantime I'll do additional looks at the wiring.