Oil Pressure -3 PSI before start up - Rotax 912iS

fr0gpil0t

Has anyone seen this before. Dynon HDX in an RV12iS with Rotax 912iS. Oil pressure shows as negative 3 PSI before the engine start. The Dynon gets the sensor information from the CAN bus so it doesn't look like there is an opportunity to calibrate it. Any ideas how to get this to 0 PSI?

sunfish

I love flying!
Have you confirmed that the reading is not correct? Is it possible that there is a vacuum in that part of the oil system under some conditions? What happens to the indication when you "burp" the engine? What oil pressure is indicated when the engine is running?

Once that is ruled out, I think you should consider trying a new sensor. I'm not aware of any adjustment function in the ECU and the Skyview is just reporting what is on the CAN bus.

fr0gpil0t

I do not have a way to confirm if that reading is correct or not - but it seems odd. It reads the same before/after burping and before/after starting/stopping so it sounds like a bad sensor. Unfortunately Rotax support is none existent so I will probably just order a new sensor.

Robert

RandomSquawk

I do not have a way to confirm if that reading is correct or not - but it seems odd. It reads the same before/after burping and before/after starting/stopping so it sounds like a bad sensor. Unfortunately Rotax support is none existent so I will probably just order a new sensor.

Robert
Curious to hear your results. My 912ULS oil pressure shows +3 PSI when not running, whether hot or cold or sitting for weeks.