Oil Pressure Light

hornet2008

Just trying to find out how to wire a light bulb to the oil pressure switch. If in the unlikely failure of the Sky View I would like to have an indicator light to confirm oil pressure.
I already have the pressure switch wired to the EMS. Is it possible to also wire a light bulb to the same pressure switch without compromising the EMS data wire? :-/

skysailor

I put a flex line from the engine to a little manifold mounted on the firewall. Spruce sells them. They have three individual ports with three access points for each. I use one for oil pressure, one for manifold pressure. Not using the third one just yet. I have the Dynon oil pressure sensor in one access point, a separate oil pressure switch (auto parts store) in another access point and, of course, the oil pressure flex hose on the remaining one.

The benefit is the sensor is removed from the engine where the vibration is an issue. This is desired per the installation manual. Remember to put restrictors at the engine end as a safety factor. The separate oil pressure switch is wired independently to a warning light so there is no connection between the systems and therefore redundancy. Another benefit of this arrangement is that the oil pressure warning light also serves as a warning if you leave the Master Switch on.

Raymo

I love aviation!
I was looking for the same option in the Skyview installation manual. The only thing I could find was an optional warning light but not sure if it can be dedicated to oil pressure.

I suspect it must be done with a separate sensor as Skysailor did.