OK Sun-N-Fun Underway, what's new

Brantel

OK,

A few weeks ago someone asked if there was anything new to be released at Sun-N-Fun and the reply was "Yes"

It's underway so fill us that had to stay home in on what the new features/products are....

msft-1

I have heard that we will be getting a knob.

Also, I think we will get localizer info (and maybe G/S) output from an external GPS (not just the SL-30).

and improved data logging (ok, maybe that's just a dream).

bruce

JetJockey

Very nice job folks. The new EFIS display is now almost a virtual equivalent of the Boeing NG PFD. Keep up the good work! (Now if you could only make my Apollo GPS360 drive that HSI display........) :cool:

Etienne

Ok, not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find the new firmware download... Is this because it hasn't been released yet, or is it me being stupid? :D

Looks AMAZING!!! Thanks for all the hard work :)

Etienne

Ok, not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find the new firmware download... Is this because it hasn't been released yet, or is it me being stupid? :D

Looks AMAZING!!! Thanks for all the hard work :)

Yes, it was indeed me being stupid...
http://dynonavionics.com/downloads/Software/Dynon_Support_2_4_16.exe

josok

Yes, great Etienne,
That downloadable software however does not contain a newer version then 2.08 (Dybob 180)
Just checked, so it's a no-go at the moment. Nothing to shout about for us yet. Hopefully soon!

Kind regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's correct. We are currently targeting a June release for the new firmware for all shipping products. We are moving into beta in the next few weeks and expect to have this in your hands (or rather, your products' programmable flash) in June.

Etienne

Yes, great Etienne,
That downloadable software however does not contain a newer version then 2.08 (Dybob 180)
Just checked, so it's a no-go at the moment. Nothing to shout about for us yet. Hopefully soon!

Kind regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

:-[ How embarrasing... My apologies... From now on I'll :-X

jim

I like the new EFIS display and am looking forward to getting the new software. The pictures does not show the green, white, & red ASI arcs/marks associated with Vso, Vne, etc. Are you retaining the capability to display them? I hope so, I like them.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Jim,

Sorry about the confusion. I'm actually the one who took that screenshot from some demo software running on my desk. The unit just happened to not have the Vso, Vne, etc configured on it. I plan to update those screenshots with a D100-series display, and I'll make sure it's got the airspeed colors shown.

We do our best to only add features!

J.L.Chaffenet

I would like to have a picture of the new AOA indication on the EFIS D100.
Do we have information about the exact AOA value ?
Jean-Louis Chaffenet

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The Dynon system doesn't display AoA in degrees or any specific numbers. It just scales your AoA from normal cruise up to stall on a graphical bar.

Other systems in this market are the same. You'd need a mechanical vane on the airplane to know actual AoA in degrees, and that would need to be installed in a location known to have airflow that is the same as the wing.

AmphibFlyer

I saw the new display at Sun 'n Fun and loved it--especially the clearly visible VSI and the airspeed and altitude digital readouts in the center of the tapes. But, gee, wouldn't you like someone (me!) to beta test it before the official release date? I'll do lots of glassy-water landings just to be sure that new VSI works as well as it looks. Yes? Yes?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We do have a beta program, and there is a post elsewhere on this forum with application instructions, and what you should expect. Search the forum for further details.