One D700 hang on boot

beno

I did recently updated both D700 to V14. I have flown with it for several hours without problems.

Today first flight ca. 1,5 hours run just normal. After next start of Skyview the secondary D700 hangs with Dynon logo screen. There is no message on screen (just Dynon logo), it seems that D700 reboots once automaticaly but then hangs again. I did try several times rebooting it with key 1-2-5 without success.

When I check network devices on primary d700 the second one is reported as active.
If I leave D700 hanging, then transponder is not working (display red x). If I switch hanging skyview off, then transponder works fine with primary d700.

What recommendations do you have to try, before sending it for repair?

airguy

There is a software problem that is almost certainly causing your hangup issue, it is being looked at by Dynon now and they should have a software update shortly to fix it. Be patient and work around the problem for a bit if you can.

n456ts

Do not write below this line
...But this is worse then the new "normal". If it can't fully boot, then no software update can be performed. This situation isn't the same as the typical v14 problems.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Did you see any error messages on that display prior to this?

To be clear, pushing buttons 1+2+5 had no effect (didn't reboot the display)?

I did recently updated both D700 to V14. I have flown with it for several hours without problems.

Today first flight ca. 1,5 hours run just normal. After next start of Skyview the secondary D700 hangs with Dynon logo screen. There is no message on screen (just Dynon logo), it seems that D700 reboots once automaticaly but then hangs again. I did try several times rebooting it with key 1-2-5 without success.

When I check network devices on primary d700 the second one is reported as active.
If I leave D700 hanging, then transponder is not working (display red x). If I switch hanging skyview off, then transponder works fine with primary d700.

What recommendations do you have to try, before sending it for repair?

beno

I haven't had any errors before. On ver 13 I have had several reboots when installing/synhronizing Pocket FMS charts, but otherwise no problems.

On first flight start, I did got message from transponder, saying that cannot synhronize QNH. After transponder reboot everying was normal.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That's not something that's a known issue, and doesn't sound like it's related to the v14 service bulletin from what you're describing (and when it's happening in the system boot-up). Can you email support at dynonavionics dot com so that we can help you more individually?

ALLANF

I love flying!
I have just had the exactly the same problem today. My second D700 hangs at the logo splash screen and the transponder just shows the Red Cross.
Can you advise on what conclusion you came to ?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Does the SV-D700 get stuck at the spash screen and never continues? If so, we'll ultimately need to have you work with our tech support team to troubleshoot further.