One low EGT

petehowell

Hello,

I have an EGT that reads low compared to the others - #4 on an O-320. It is the same dist downstream as the others and at ambient it reads ambient like the others.

we'll see 1300, 1250, 1320, 1010 for 1 thru 4 consistently.

Any thoughts?

Frankh

Sounds to me like the readings are correct but you have a mixture imbalance...This is very typical on carburated Lycs.

Try swapping the probe to a different channel (like swap #2 and #4 probes) . If the readings are similar its the mixture distribution, if the issue "Moves" to the #2 cyl then the #4 probe reads incorrectly

In actual fact you really don't care what the actual readings are...You just want to know how close to peak EGT you are.

Frank

petehowell

Moved the probe and the low temp moved with it - will try to get a new probe soon.  Does anyon know if the dynon EMS does any smoothing of data or is it sent to the screen and serial output exactly as read by the probe.  I am taking some data to find peak EGT and the data has some odd characteristics.

Thanks,

Pete
RV-9A 15+ Hours!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The data is averaged some, but only over a few seconds. The probe probably reacts slower than our filter.