Pilot Log windows program

n363rv

Howdy... My HDX install is 1 year old as of a few weeks ago. The one thing that was missing for me was a Pilot Log.
I just needed a super simple single (one person) pilot log. So I created a program that will import the exported "User" log from SkyView.

To use it...

You MUST have MS Excel or another program that can open and view a CSV file. If you don't know what this is, this will probably not be a good solution for you.

There is NOT an install. So it might not work on an older computer... if that is the case, you will need to download the .Net framework from MS... here... Net Framework Runtime

Just unzip the zip file (an attachment on this thread) to any place on your computer. You can do it on your desktop if you want to. It creates a folder called SkyviewPilotFlightBook The program and basic files and folders are in there.

1. Copy your "User" log file that you exported from Skyview into the directory called "AppData/DynonLogs". If you aren't sure how to do that, find a techincal buddy to help you out.
2. After you do that, you can start the program by double clicking on the exe file. (SkyviewPilotFlightBook.exe)
3. Click the button "Import Skyview Log"
4. To view your Pilot logs... open the csv file (PilotLog.csv) found in the AppData directory Most of the time I just double click on the file called For your convenience, in the Skyview Importer program, you can click on file-open-pilotlog.

Everytime you import your "Userfile", a backup of your previous Pilot Log csv file made.

That's it for instructions... hopefully that is enough to get you started.

For any of you with a programming (c#) background, I will be happy to post the code. Just let me know.

I work a full time job, so I will be slow to respond to questions...so if there is a person who wants to take on feature requests or other programming tasks... maybe even the nice folks at Dynon... I am happy to share the code so they can help the greater community.

Note: In the menu, there an entry called "Tools". It does nothing. I forgot to delete it.
Occasionally it misses an airport. Usually because of a slow taxi or some odd thing. If it occurs, it is pretty obvious what airport was missed and I just manually type in the ID.

Enjoy!!

Edit: 3/4/2022 The zip file has been updated with the latest bug fixes.

Attachments

• SkyviewPilotFlightBook.zip
    429.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

HFMan

Tried this- it throws an immediate error. I noticed that it may expect the log file to end in .txt, mine end in .csv. I tried changing the test file to .txt, but still got the same error.

1646258702262.png

n363rv

Thanks HFMan... I sent you private message asking for your Dynon logs so I can take a look and see what is blowing up. Once I get the Dynon logs, I'll get if figured out and make it work. Thanks again for your feedback!!

n363rv

Tried this- it throws an immediate error. I noticed that it may expect the log file to end in .txt, mine end in .csv. I tried changing the test file to .txt, but still got the same error.

View attachment 4921
Thank you. This has been fixed. The latest bug fixes have been applied to the zip file found in the first post of this thread.