Pitch and Roll error indication

ggrun5673

I am installing a dual Skyview in an RV 10. I am trying to determine if I' m having a problem or not.

I am getting both a pitch error and a roll error indication. Both just seem to wander around not locking on to any point. Pitch wanders around 15 degrees and roll stays level but heading wanders 10-20 degrees.

I am running 3.2.2 firmware and all devices are detected. I have calibrated the A/P servos and the trim indicator. I have not calibrated the compass yet or the AOA since the airplane is still in the hanger. Is this simply a calibration issue or is it something else?

My installation has dual AHRS mounted in the top of the 10 tail cone above the battery and pitch servo. There is at least a 2.5 foot separation between the battery and the servo. There are no antenae closer than 5 feet away. I used all brass hardware. Pitch and roll are less than .5 degrees off center.

Any advice would be appreciated. Greg

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Are both AHRS units wondering the same? You can go into setup and choose which one is displayed. If only one is wandering, you have a broken AHRS, if both are wandering, you have an install issue. Let us know and we can help you more.

ggrun5673

Ok, I have switched to the second AHRS unit and the pitch and roll are now stable. I am still showing a pitch error and roll error red fault indication however. Is this fault indication coming from the first AHRS, or do I also have a problem with the second AHRS? Do I still have a problem or will this error go away when the first AHRS is fixed or replaced? Or is there still a possibility of an installation issue? Greg

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So I'm not exactly sure what "fault indication" you're seeing. Connect a USB drive (like the one that came with your SkyView), pull up the screen showing that error, and press buttons 2 and 7 simultaneously to save a screenshot of the screen to the drive. Then email that picture (you'll find it in the screenshots folder) to us at support at dynonavionics dot com.

rgcrothers

I love flying!
This sounds interesting. Rather than take a photo of our screen to show off how fast we can go or what ever, we can push 2 and 7 simultaneously and a screen shot will get loaded onto a USB drive, assumong one is connected of course?

This could be pretty handy for trouble shooting items from the EMS or for monitoring various performance criteria.

Randall

preid

Is it one picture at a time? or does it append and allow multiple pictures be loaded onto the USB? For example if I wanted multiple pictures on the same flight, will it allow that?
Thx

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It creates a new file for each picture. So you can click off pictures until you fill the stick, basically.

n223rv

Be sure you have the updated 3.2.2 software on both displays. The software updates do not sync and needs to be loaded on each display. I noticed a similar issue when I was updating my dual SkyViews. After screen 1 was updated, screen 2 was not locking in on heading and was scrolling approx 45 degrees on either side of actual heading. After I updated both displays, my problem went away. YMMV.....
-Mike Kraus
RV-10 flying