Pitch error

wirrabilla

I love flying!
I have on occasions had a Pitch err occur inflight, with an associated loss of AP function. It has occurred once on start up.
I cannot relate it to any particular event or condition however it is occurring more often. I can clear it only by flicking the master on and off quickly not ideal in flight or it clears once the system is turned off. When it does occur the pitch servo stays engaged hence why I flick the master switch. I can reengage the AP and it will happily fly along. The plane is a TL 3000 Sirius from Ultralight TL with 400 hours.

Any thoughts. Macca

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
When you say the servo stays engaged, is it still flying the airplane actively? Or is it just holding one elevator position? In any case, I think we'll want to get that servo replaced. Please get in touch with our support team directly at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com.

wirrabilla

I love flying!
No it is not flying once the pitch error appears, but it is still staying engaged such that you can feel the clutch giving in CWS with changes in pitch.
Happy to replace if you feel the problem in the servo, which all other things being equal strikes me as the problem as it is becoming more frequent. In Australia so will email support.

Regards Macca