Pitch sensitivity limits

hmanvel

Today I ran through the autopilot adjustment procedures. Found roll to be perfect, amazing how it homes in on new track setting. However pitch needs a little work, overshoots 2-3 knots in both directions. So I started bumping up pitch sensitivity, but it wouldn't "take" more than 24 on that setting. Is 24 the max? Because it allowed me to enter higher, but it wouldn't save. Tried to find this spec in manuals with no joy.

johnsteichen

Harry, I think you need to start adding some pitch gain. In.1 increments
I still wish they had a simpler HSI and VNAV capture button. It is easier for me to just fly the GS/VNAV by hand than to push all the buttons correctly so far :eek:

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Simple capture:

Point the airplane in the direction you want to capture the ILS / GPS approach. Press and hold the disconnect switch to engage the AP. It will be in zero roll and zero VSI (assuming you were close to level and straight).

Go into the menu, select HSI and VNAV. It will capture when it intercepts. Simple.

johnsteichen

That still does not address the procedure where you are coming up on an approach under autopilot control. The autopilot is to fly the procedure under gpss steering commands. Once the aircraft flys the procedure, what needs to be done to capture either the GS or VNAV?
There needs to either be a HSI - alt -VNAV Button on the simplified mode or a single HSI ALT VNAV capture button in the expert mode. :(

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you're already on HSI and ALT because you were flying before, there is nothing to do on the lateral side. HSI is used to follow any GPS command, so the GPS is what switches from enroute to the approach.

Vertically, if you are in alt, just press VNAV. This will arm VNAV and will automatically capture the glidepath from the GPS when you intercept it.