Power On Alarm Status not working

Bob_B

When I set the global parameter for the power on alarn status to OFF, I still get flashing alarm indications for oil psi, fuel psi, CHT & EGT.  I have tried changing the values, made them latching or slef-clear, but nothing I have done will prevent the alarms at power up of my D-120 with ver 4.0 firmware.  The only way to get them to stay off is to set the alarm status OFF.  All of the other items on the unit don't show the alarm at power up, only the one mentioned above.  Could it be a software glich?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bob,
Do you mean the values on the screen are flashing?

If so, this is expected. The inhibit alarms only cancels the noise in the headset and the alarm bar on the screen, not the flashing numbers on the screen. It's meant to prevent nuisance noise and bars at startup, but not to prevent you from seeing what is out of range.

Bob_B

Yes, the values are flashing. It was not clear to me. I expected that nothing would flash when set to OFF at start up. I quess that the unit is functioning as intended. Thanks for the info.

clardner

I have the same issue except I also get the alarm bar on the screen and have to acklowledge 10 or so alarms every start-up. The noise in the headset is the only thing that is canceled.

PilotKris

I have the same issue except I also get the alarm bar on the screen and have to acklowledge 10 or so alarms every start-up.  The noise in the headset is the only thing that is canceled.

That shouldn't be happening it if the "power on alarms" is set to OFF.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Clardner - Can you confirm that the "power on alarms" setting is turned off? If it is, the two events that cancel the alarm inhibiting at startup, before the normal 5 minute timeout, is if RPM higher than 400 is seen or oil pressure higher than 20psi is seen. Do either of these "blip" on startup that you can see?

clardner

I've got to appologize as I obviously, once again, failed to interpret the manual correctly. I guess I didn't see the word "all", in that "all" of the conditions must exist. The "power on alarms" are definitely turned off and it works as advertizes. I realized it last night after flying. It's just that as soon as I start the engine all heck breaks loose on the unit. I really don't care that the CHT, EHT, oil temp, etc, are too low immediately after startup. I have to acknowledge and silence them every time. Does everyone have to do this or is it the way I have my alarms setup? I guess I'm trying to figure out the purpose of this function... I might as well do the acknowledging upon turning the master switch on. What's the difference? You've probably had this question before, but would you mind adding a user definable setting as a part of the next software build?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Most people set the EGT, CHT, and Oil temp redlines to a really low temp (like -99), so they are yellow, not alarms. As you noticed, a 120 degree CHT isn't an alarm, it's a warning.

What kind of "user definable setting" are you asking for?