Probable fix for AP disconnects, cautions, red-x

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi all,
We have a probable fix for v14 customers reporting momentary "red X" pages, uncommanded autopilot disconnects, and spurious audio caution alerts. It also has the fix for the unresponsiveness that occurs on older non-touch displays we mentioned in the recent Service Bulletin.

If you are running v14 but an earlier version than v14.0.6 then we highly recommend updating to this version. V14.0.6 seems to have solved the unresponsiveness issue (so does this version, of course).

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/support_software_SkyView_test.html

Go Fly

FSGOM

I love flying!
SkyView 14.0.7.3621 : No problems anymore (ground check only)

Thanks Dynon

hstaton

I upgraded today, and have regressed unbelievably. First got an error when I tried to do a network configuration on the D1000 - configuration timed out - retry. Did so, and when I configured, the D1000 would only detect itself. Upgraded the D700 - same ultimate result. Each display only sees itself and nothing else. :mad:

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Suggested troubleshooting:
1. Disconnect the one or two 9-pin connectors on your primary display.
2. Do a Network configuration.
3. Reconnect one 9-pin connector.
4. Do another network configuration.
Likely this will clear it up.

I upgraded today, and have regressed unbelievably. First got an error when I tried to do a network configuration on the D1000 - configuration timed out - retry. Did so, and when I configured, the D1000 would only detect itself. Upgraded the D700 - same ultimate result. Each display only sees itself and nothing else.  :mad:

hstaton

Ultimately, it did not work. With the network connected, same indications. With the network broken, the D1000 will detect everything but the EMS220. When I connect it to the network with the test cable (i.e. the D700 out of the loop), the D1000 reverts to only detecting itself. With the network split, the D700 can detect the EMS220, but will not update it. The loader fails. By split, I mean that the D1000 & the D700 are not connected. The transponder also shows failed in all cases. This is most likely going to have to be resolved with a phone call. This method is too unwieldy.

hstaton

As a follow-up, the EMS-220 (and possibly the D700) seems to be the culprit. When I connect it to the D1000, using the test cable, and making sure that it is connected to nothing else, the D1000 reverts - detecting nothing but itself. Remove the test cable and all is well, except that the EMS-220 is non-functional. With the EMS-220 connected to the D700, it will detect it, but the loader fails when I try to upgrade it.

hstaton

Additional follow-up: with the network reconnected as originally done, all components are detected EXCEPT the EMS-220. It was never upgraded, and every time I tried to do it, the loader failed. :D

cmgolden

I love flying!
I'm having a similar network issue. Screens all on 14.0.7 but can't update any modules (AP, com, knobs, EMS, etc) (and ARINC not detected at all.) screens can't seem to load firmware to the separate modules. "Loader failed." I'm grounded until I get help. Everything worked previously on 14.0.0.

airguy

I loaded 14.0.7 this morning uneventfully, flew 2 hours with no issues.

Watching for updates, I'm grounded for probably 2 weeks for some major fiberglass work on my engine plenum and cowling. With work and family commitments my free time to play with this hobby is limited.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Chris:

Dynon Avionics Technical Support is working with you individually via email. We'll follow up with you on Monday with next steps.

I'm having a similar network issue. Screens all on 14.0.7 but can't update any modules (AP, com, knobs, EMS, etc) (and ARINC not detected at all.) screens can't seem to load firmware to the separate modules. "Loader failed." I'm grounded until I get help. Everything worked previously on 14.0.0.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sam:

On Monday, please contact Dynon Avionics Technical Support to arrange a repair or replacement for the SV-EMS-220; call 425-402-0433 or email support AT dynonavionics DOT com.

Additional follow-up: with the network reconnected as originally done, all components are detected EXCEPT the EMS-220. It was never upgraded, and every time I tried to do it, the loader failed.  :D

cmgolden

I love flying!
Looks like my ARINC was the culprit and for some reason it was preventing the loader from being able to update the modules. That's going back to Dynon. In the meantime, I'm VFR only and I hope when the ARINC is fixed/replaced, I'll be fully back in business.