Problem with accessing multiple USB drives

cbennet12

I just purchased a Sandisk Cruzer Fit 128GB drive for Seattle Avionics charts. I am able to access the charts on this drive without a problem.

However, with that drive installed I cannot see anything on the 32GB Sandisk Ultra drive that I have been using for a year or more - notably I could not perform a monthly map/obstacle update.

If I remove the charts drive and reboot, I can see the update drive but then will not be able to see the charts drive. Regardless of which ports I use, I cannot access data on both drives simultaneously.

I have a Wifi dongle installed as well but it seems unrelated as nothing changes with it removed.

jlakins

Page 24 of Pilots Guide
Note that only one USB flash drive memory stick can
be connected to a SkyView display at a time. However, the Video Input and Wi-Fi Adapters can
be plugged in simultaneously and at the same time as a USB flash drive.

cbennet12

Ugh. So the lesson is RBothTFM's!!! I scoured the installation manual looking for this limitation, couldn't find it. (I look forward to that being pointed out!) Seems like the section on USB Flash Drive Considerations on page 3-17 would have been a logical place to reference this limitation.

Thanks!!!
Craig