Problem with VP-X Pitch Trim

carlmeek

I love flying!
I have my pitch trim running through the VP-X but i have a couple of issues with the widget displaying.

1. It's upside down! Full down shows full up.
2. Its got a green mark in a pointless and irrelevant position

I've tried pretty much everything on the VP-X configurator - setting the up stop to 0 and the down to 255, and reversing it. Also swapping motor polarity. Nothing changes on the widget.

Any clues how to configure the orientation of it, and also where the green mark goes?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Carl,
You need to calibrate the trim position using HARDWARE CALIBRATION in the setup menu. That sets the direction of display and the green takeoff trim position.

Check page 13-4 of the install guide for more details:

AILERON TRIM POSITION / ELEVATOR TRIM POSITION / FLAP POSITION: Set to SkyView
EMS if your trim and/or flaps position signal input is routed to your SV-EMS-220/221
module, or to VP-X if it is connected to your VP-X system instead. If set to VP-X, the
engine page trim and/or flaps widgets will be sourced from the VP-X position
information. Note that even when using the VP-X as your trim and/or flaps position
source, you do still need to perform the SkyView-based calibration routine for the trim
information to display properly in SkyView. These calibrations can be found under
SETUP MENU > HARDWARE CALIBRATION > EMS CALIBRATION. You do not need to
perform that VP-X Configurator-based calibration. However, set all of the points in the
VP-X Configurator to “1”.