Problems after Update 5.1

AgentJ

Hi !
Today i upgrade my D100 to 5.1.
Everything is fine, but it lost all configurations (bugs, speeds etc.)
, without the lists.

And the strangest thing: Now my horizon going crazy !
During straight level flight he slip to left or right, sometimes it shows me an 90 degrees-curve for 2 minutes ! :-/
If i tipped my plane on ground only with fingertips,- it tumbling around like an old compass :eek:
It´s now extremly sensitv for every touch or move.
What i can do now ?
It is possible to calibrate the D 100 ???
Is there an manual with some instructions for that ?

Never touch a running system, god bless i made an backup,- but
... i want the new Update.

Thanks for any hep,

Bst Regards,
Jay

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
First, make a backup of your CURRENT, upgraded firmware state. Next, restore your pre-5.1 backup. We may want to take a look at both those backups (both 5.1 and your pre-5.1).

Please give technical support a call next week at 425-402-0433.

vinhvinh

any other people with5,1 update problem? I just want to know because i am flying IFR with the dynon and i don'T want to have a suprise.
Thank You

Lan Vinh Do

meljordan

I updated two planes with 5.1 today with no problems on either. Both planes had multiple EFIS units, EMS, HS34, AP74 and servos. All worked fine after the update. Also, as a beta tester, I have flown this firmware for many hours in beta form with no problems. Have you tried restoring your old backup as Dynon suggested?

Best Regards,
Mel Jordan

65xx

I updated yesterday to 5.1 from 5.1A20, beta program to figure out why clock/internal battery/ship battery wrong or drained. I have a D180 as master and a D100 as slave. I flew today for two hours and noted the following problems: first, on D180/100 power up the clock was wrong, I reset it and it help correct time for the flight. I also noted that there were new warnings, GPS SPD and CHECK ATTITUDE. Assume that is the new GPS program for loss of airspeed sensing (distracting before engine start). Second, on take off the AOA came alive a 40 kts with flashing red and full alarm, apparently the update wiped the AOACAL. I haven't recalibrated the AOA yet (tomorrow), however I detected an annoying hum in the intercom from the continuous AOA alarm during the flight with the volume turned full down. Third, and most serious was the attitude indicator (AI) was sluggish on take off and climb out, but correct. During turns with the TT DII VSG with altitude hold, the AI became completely unreliable with 25' level banks displaying as 15' bank and 5' pitch up. When straight and level the AI would overcompensate with a 5' bank opposite turn and hold the 5' pitch up display. After a few minutes of straight and level, the AI would slowing correct itself and display correctly. It would repeat the performance anytime, any direction of bank and would slowly correct if given time at level flight. The D100(with independant AHARS) displayed the same characteristics. At this point, the AI is completely unreliable with the 5.1 update. The update loaded perfectly with no hiccups from a HP Vista laptop. Is there a quick l fix or do I reload the 5.1A20? Dan

AgentJ

It heards the same on my Dny 100.
Today i have my second flight with the update.
Test all settings and found more mistakes:
Clock lost settings after every start, crazy Horizon-Displays, and slow leveling to "normal" Flights... :mad:
Horizon wobble like a dog´s tail from left to right!

First i backup the system the old settings,- if it works, i wait for a new fix.
It too strange and sensitiv during flights.

PLEASE MAKE A FIX !
Backup-Data comming soon next week.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We are, by the way, investigating a bug that affects a small number of users after upgrade to 5.1. See this link for more details. Getting those backups from you is still important to us - please send them to support@dynonavionics.com as soon as you can.

wv4i

I just want to know because i am flying IFR with the dynon and i don'T want to have a suprise.

The D10A is for VFR only. You'd better have backups for every essential function of this non-TSOed, VFR only device.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The Dynon EFIS devices are not VFR only. They are perfectly legal to use in IFR in a homebuilt aircraft. I'd wager that the vast majority of homebuilts in the USA are not using TSO primary instruments (glass or steam).

We always suggest a full suite of backups, since anything can fail, but we've had enough years of experience with this that many of our customers trust us for IFR use.

On top of that, TSO/certified/whatever doesn't mean it's perfect. Aspen, Garmin, Chelton, and Avidyne have all had serious issues with their products in the past that have prevented their use in IFR at times. One great advantage with the experimental stuff is that we can fix it in a few days, not a few months.

DBRV10

This point should be in BOLD, never a truer statement................

On top of that, TSO/certified/whatever doesn't mean it's perfect. Aspen, Garmin, Chelton, and Avidyne have all had serious issues with their products in the past that have prevented their use in IFR at times. One great advantage with the experimental stuff is that we can fix it in a few days, not a few months.

And one of the biggies recently has had a real shocker......and after a couple of months I still am not sure its fixed :eek:

vinhvinh

I use de dynon in IFR. Never had a problem. I feel that the 2hre battery back-up is a really good security.My only concern was the attitude indicator was unreliable if the pitot was obstructed but hopefully, this will be fix with the next version of 5.1
Yes i have a partial panel as a back up but my homebuilt have been approved for ifr with the dynon.
I only wait to have some feedback from other user before to do an update from a previous version.

AgentJ

Hi !
I´m back from vacation and first thing i do is try the patch from 5.1 to 5.1.1.

No problems during update, aaaaand the winner is:
MY EFIS ! ;D

Everything now is fine. No crazy curving and so on with my horizont.
It works perfectly now. Thats why i buy Dynon.

Thank you for the fast patch !

Best Regards,
Jay :D

PS: You need my Backup from "Crazy-5.1" :p ?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't need your backup. We figured out what was causing it in a few units, so it is fixed. Thanks for the offer.