Problems pushing frequency from SV to SL30

DonFromTX

I love flying!
I have been trying to troubleshoot a problem with my installation of a Skyview and SL 30. I originally had my Skyview (non touch) hooked to an SL40, everything worked perfectly.
I had the Skyview upgraded to a touch and changed to an SL30, now I cannot send any frequencies to the nav'com from the Skyview using the same wire as before. I can send from the SL30 to the Skyview just fine, but nothing seems to go from Skyview to the SL30. I have rechecked wiring several times and feel sure I am correct there, but now do not know if it is a defect in the SKyview touch or the SL30. Is there a way to determine which is at fault? Is there some setup in the Skyview that I may have missed? Help!

jakej

Maybe I can help here - just advise what pin numbers on the SL30 that you connected to the SV, I've just done those connetin today on an RV. ;)

Jake J

jlakins

I see nothing in your post to indicate you configured the Skyview to talk to the SL30. It is not the same as the SL40.
Installation manual page 88 for SL30 and page 89 for SL40

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Pretty sure that is correct, from the SL30 installation manual, it shows pin 4 RX and 5 TX on the 37 pin connector.  On the RV12 we use a Vans box to connect to the SV, but these are the same pins I used before with the SL40 and it worked well.
Maybe I can help here - just advise what pin numbers on the SL30 that you connected to the SV, I've just done those connetin today on an RV. ;)

Jake J

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Sometimes a little bit of stupid can go a long ways.
I removed the wiring harness from the SL30, double checked each wire for continuity and correct location.  All seemed to be correct as it was when I put it together the first time.
All reassembled, I recalled some comment from a few days ago about a "Tune Com" option, sure enough there was such an option!
I assumed that the skyview touch would enable one to merely touch the frequency on the screen, and the com would be turned to it.  I hammered on the SV screen at the frequency while looking at the com to watch the frequency change, not happening.
I finally figured out how it is supposed to work I think, but when a frequency is sent to the com, it goes in the standby position, and you then have to flip flop it to active.  Is there any way around the double action?