Problems with version 6 upgrade

Jbellot

Hi, I'm writing from Spain; actually my two-screens SV system is running on V.5.1 and I have problems with the upgrade to V.6 as follows:

1.- With the USB stick inserted I activate the setup mode. The system recognizes the USB stick because the message "Upgrade to ver 6.0.0.1641... " is on the screen.

2.- When I confirm this option the system shows "Update firmware to version 0.0.0.0 are you sure?"
Then I press "update" button.

3.- The system displays "Disk removed", with the "done" button as unique option.

I don't know what happen but the confirmation message with "0.0.0.0" is strange.

I'm looking forward your response.
Thank you in advance.

jefvervoort

I have also a problem.
Starting from a similar situation, and using the Update Package for Europe, following Dynon's instructions, the reply I get is " no compatible files found in the main folder of ....". I did verify the USB stick and the file was there. Tried 3 times with my Dynon sticks and 2 x with an other stick without result.
Updates in the past went perfectly.
Jef Vervoort, Belgium.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
jbellot - Which file were you using when you tried to upgrade?

jef - Did you try the alternative method of using the individual files? If you did, did that fix things?

dlloyd

jef-I get that same message every time when I forget and leave my flight plan usb stick in the usb cable plug. Could this be your problem?

jefvervoort

jbellot - Which file were you using when you tried to upgrade?
the update package for europe, as I wrote
jef - Did you try the alternative method of using the individual files? If you did, did that fix things?
I did not; are you suggesting I should? Why should that package not work?
dlloyd: No, i never used a flight plan.

RV8MW

jebelllot,

I am getting the same thing when trying to update to 6.0 I was doing method # 1 quick update. The first time it showed up as a zip file so I downloaded it to my pc and then extracted the files then downloaded it to the disc and I get the exact same thing as you. What am I doing wrong?

DarrellK

I had this same exact problem too. It would not load the single zip file. I tried 3 different flash drives.
I was successful loading each file individually after unzipping them. I have not flown yet, but V6.0 seems to be working fine now.

Jbellot

In the USB are both the zip file unloaded from Dynon website (SkyView_6.0_EU_Package_May30.zip) and the individual files unzipped (1SkyView-6.0.0-dynon_update.dup 2sensor_05_29_2013.sfg 3base_map_europe_6.dup SkyView-6.0.0-dynon_update.duh).

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So the file extension for those files should be .duc. If you rename the .zip to .duc, it should load OK. They do use the zip format internally, and some browsers incorrectly convert the .duc extension to .zip because it sees the zip structure of the file.

What browsers and operating systems are you guys downloading the file with?

Jbellot

I'll try with the .duc file and I'll tell you how it works.

The file was unloaded using Internet Explorer 8 on Win XP.

jefvervoort

OK, I'll change .duc and will report.
Used Internet Explorer and Windows 7 Home Premium.
Thanks, Jef.

RV8MW

Internet explorer and windows 7. What I don't understand is I have keep mine updated from the 4.0 update and have not had any trouble what is different about 6.0 The other updates do not show up as a zip.

RV8MW

Any body got any suggestions? I have not tried to load just the single file I would like to know why the package will not load.

GalinHdz

Hi, I'm writing from Spain; actually my two-screens SV system is running on V.5.1 and I have problems with the upgrade to V.6 as follows:

1.- With the USB stick inserted I activate the setup mode. The system recognizes the USB stick because the message "Upgrade to ver 6.0.0.1641... " is on the screen.

2.- When I confirm this option the system shows "Update firmware to version 0.0.0.0 are you sure?"
Then I press "update" button.

3.- The system displays "Disk removed", with the "done" button as unique option.

I don't know what happen but the confirmation message with "0.0.0.0" is strange.

I'm looking forward your response.
Thank you in advance.

I had the same problem. Instead of using the "Upgrade to version 6" prompt that 1st shows up I went to the load file section (Upgrade System Software) at the bottom of the 1st page, selected the individual file and loaded it. This worked just fine. I had to do it this way for both screens.
:cool:

RV8MW

I don't think that the 6.0 file showed up in the load files section of my display but I will look tonight. But why are we having this much problem when in the past it has been so simple?

jefvervoort

I did try again today, using my 2 Dynon USB sticks.
On the one I had loaded the Quick Update Package. After insertion, and in Set up, Skyview found nothing, not in Upgrade System .. and not in Load Files.
On the other stick I had that same file un-zipped. After insertion, SV recognised it immediately under "Upgrade System Software", and the files were uploaded without further problem, as with earlier versions.

I have not yet flown with it, but will report after the weekend if all is not well.

Dynon, I'm still confused: in the past we had not to unzip them, and also, the files were uploaded via "Upgrade System Software" , and not via "Load Files" as described in your instructions.

Still glad to have chosen for Dynon.

RV8MW

Yep I am confused too. My stick would not even show the update so I went home and deleted it and then downloaded the quick update again and then unzipped it then downloaded to the stick and the message came up on the display 6.0 update but then the disc removed message came up.

Dw1oakes

I just tried to upgrade to 6.0. I downloaded the quick update.
Turn on both screen and plugged in the stick. (.duc) after upgrade completed I now have a red x for adahrs, everthing else looks good.
What needs to be done now? please help
Comment: it seems this systems is now different than my laptop; each new upgrade brings down the gremlins, I am not sure if the new actions are worth the trouble. If it is not broke why the fix. :(
Dave

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you're upgrading from <5.1, you'll need to go through the "load files..." menu, because even though earlier versions recognized .ducs as loadable, they didn't know how to give the "upgrade to xxx" prompt at the top of the display. I suspect this is what GalinHdz was seeing.

mwarren - we've changed some web site backend code to try to get rid of the files downloading as "zip" files, but apparently not entirely successfully. It's possible that some of you that were previously able to download the file as a .duc are now seeing the file as a .zip as a result of this change. To make matters worse, unless you change some more advanced options in windows, zips don't show their file extension. If you can double-click the download on your PC and it pops open the file as a zip file, it's extension is .zip, not .duc, and SkyView won't see it. 3 options:

1) From and folder view in Windows 7, click organize (top left) > folder and search options > view tab > uncheck "hide extensions for known file types". Then you can rename the .zip to .duc. But this is kind of an advanced windows thing.
2) You can unzip the .duc as some of you have, and load the files in numerical order. You can ignore the .duh file - it's just an information file that SkyView uses to help load .duc files correctly.
3) Follow "method 2" on the website. This will basically direct you to download all of the files you can get in the .duc individually from the site.