Problems with VOR dispay on HSI page using HS34

PhantomPholly

Re: Problems with VOR dispay on HSI page using HS3

All now works. I found a setting in the Garmin that was not what you recommended. Corrected that now everything works. I really thought I checked everything (about ten times). The bearing pointer now can be set to NAV and the D bar centers when pointing to the VOR. I a happy camper albeit a pain in the ... neck, yeah that's it ... neck.

Thanks once again for all your help.

Pat

Don't keep everyone in the dark, Pat!

Please post your solution, and better yet put your comments on the Wiki for future installers!

:)

flyer2377

Pat what setting did you change on the 430...
Thanks

meljordan

I have my D100, 430W, HS34 set up exactly as outlined in the Wiki and it works perfectly. So while Pat may have had difficulties and needed other settings in his installation, the ones outlined in the Wiki do work in most installations. Just don't want people to think they are in error.

Mel Jordan

agrantz

I have a 430W, D10A and HS34. Everything works well except for a minor annoyance when tracking a VOR. About 50% of the time the course deviation bar seems to jump +- 2 degrees (flips from side to side) when tracking inbound or outbound (and on course). The NAV bearing source bar works fine. The localizer is rock solid, and all GPS functions are perfect. It's almost as if some "damping" is needed on the D-bar. I changed all my settings from "high speed" to "low speed" per a previous posting, and that seemed to improve things. The VOR is functional, just a little annoying.

Brantel

I have a 430W, D10A and HS34. Everything works well except for a minor annoyance when tracking a VOR. About 50% of the time the course deviation bar seems to jump +- 2 degrees (flips from side to side) when tracking inbound or outbound (and on course). The NAV bearing source bar works fine. The localizer is rock solid, and all GPS functions are perfect. It's almost as if some "damping" is needed on the D-bar. I changed all my settings from "high speed" to "low speed" per a previous posting, and that seemed to improve things. The VOR is functional, just a little annoying.

Might be the Nav Radio/antenna/installation ect and nothing to do with the Dynon side of things.

agrantz

You may be right about the nav/antenna installation. I'm using a 4-way splitter (two VOR's, two GS's from a single NAV antenna). The other Nav radio/CDI (a Collins)works fine though. Maybe the older Collins Nav radio is responding a little differently than the 430.

PhantomPholly

All now works. I found a setting in the Garmin that was not what you recommended. Corrected that now everything works. I really thought I checked everything (about ten times). The bearing pointer now can be set to NAV and the D bar centers when pointing to the VOR. I a happy camper albeit a pain in the ... neck, yeah that's it ... neck.

Pat

How about posting what that setting was, and maybe updating the Wiki with the corrected info for the next guy?

;)

Brantel

Pat

How about posting what that setting was, and maybe updating the Wiki with the corrected info for the next guy?

;)

I think maybe he was saying that he found a setting that did not match what the documentation says it should. Once changed to the documented setting, it worked. But I may be all wet.