Purchasing a SV

gteldp71i0

Dynon or anyone maybe you can help, I was thinking on upgrading to the SV 7" to replace EFIS D100.

My existing system is EFIS D100 and EMS 120, AP74, Remote compass, and heated Pitot.

My question is can i just swap the D100 for the SV using the existing holder and using the exiting wiring/plugs??

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The 7" SkyView is a bit larger physically than a D100, and does not use the same electrical connections. Also, the AHRS is not inside the screen, it is a remote module. So unfortunately, it's not a drop in replacement.

Also, a D120 and a SkyView cannot communicate with one another, so if you leave your D120, they will be completely independent instruments.

gteldp71i0

ok Dynon many thanks for the info, if my first choice was to have a SV to replace the EFIS D100 what do people run along side it for an EMS as I currently have the D100 pilot side and the EMSD120 on the co-pilot side

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
SkyView supports an EMS module. Most people install two SkyView screens if they want two screens in the aircraft. The SkyView EMS module plugs right into the current wiring you have for your D120.

Ham_Goulding

Hello Wilbar, I had exactly the same setup as you and wanted to upgrade to Skyview. I moved my D100 from left to right where D120 used to be, and put SV1000 on the left. I now have PFD redundancy, similar EMS info as before and the advantage of Skyview mapping, which is much better for us Europeans now that Pocket FMS Data has become available. It works very well for me. Regards, Ham, Ireland.

gteldp71i0

Ham, many many thanks for the info it just stunned me when i thought everything had to go, can i ask was it much hassle to install the SV