Q & A

PeterBain

Please answer my Q:

* I got a Caution "Standy Network Error' and then it went away.Please explain?

* When i went into the menu i went to Serial Port 5 and i found numbers rolling upwards under:
TX Counter & Good Sentences.Please explain??

Many thanks

skysailor

Dynon Support will probably be along shortly but I will give you a couple of thoughts. The Standby Network error you menion may have been caused by a bad connection. As you know from the installation manual, the Skyview network utilizes two redundant data network paths. It would seem the system noted a failure in the standby path. I would check all network connections. Make sure all the pins are firmly seated in the DB9 network connectors.

As for the Serial Port 5 numbers, this is the normal reception of data from the item you have on serial port 5. If you followed recommendations this would be the SV-250 GPS puck. This is a way for you to see the puck is transmitting data to the system. Good sentences are the parts of the message (sentences) which are correctly transmitted. The puck sends information about position, time, altitude (GPS derived) etc. It is normal for these numbers to advance.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The caution may indicate an intermittent connection in one of your SkyView Network connections. If it comes back, you'll want to look under the Network Status in the setup menu to get an idea of where the fault might be.

Skysailor summed up the counters' purpose. Basically, if everything's working correctly, you can ignore them.