Question about Three Items on the Network

gcm52

I love flying!
I am putting a Skyview classic system in my experimental Onex. I have a com-c25, ems and adahrs all needing to be networked into the Skyview display. I purchased a net-hub to allow for the third item to be networked, but after I did the install of the hub it occurred to me that perhaps I did not need the hub since there are two network ports on the com radio. Could I have attached, say the ems, into one of the com radio ports and then attached the other com radio port to the skyview display, with the adahrs going directly into the skyview display?

Raymo

I love aviation!
Yes, you can use the extra ports in the accessories to daisy chain the network from device to device.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yes, you can daisy chain. One advantage of using a hub, even when you don't strictly need to, is that if your "upstream" cable int the daisy chain fails, you'll lose all downstream components. With the hub, only that device would be affected. This is admittedly already unlikely because SkyView Network cables have redundant data connections, but it's a small consideration.