Ray Allen Trim Servo Indicator Wiring D180

mchamberlain

Hi,

I have the RAC Trim servos installed in my RV-7 and I also have the LED indicators (installed before I knew you guys were coming out with the ability to display them). Is it possible to have them displayed on the D180 as well as on the LED's? If so; what wires would I need to connect? I have read the topics on this board about wiring them to the D180 only but I already have power to the LED's so wiring the 5v excitation circuit in there probably wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Mark,

It should work as long as the Ray Allen device uses 5V to excite the servo instead of 12V.

Here's what you should do:
Split off the sensor wire from the servo. Turn on the Ray Allen trim indicator and use a voltmeter to measure the voltage on the sensor wire. Run the servo all the way up and all the way down. It should read near 0V at one end, and either 5V or 12V at the other end. As long as it isn't much above 5V, you can just hook it to the EMS GP input. Both displays will then work.

This may slightly change the way the current LED sender displays. It might move up or down by an LED, but probably not.

godspeed

does anyone have this working correctly ? I need the exact wires and
need to know if the 5v is needed.. mine is working already but would love to display these on my d-180, please let me know what you have figured out
and how its working if you have already done it..

Thanks in Advance..

godspeed@stx.rr.com

Danny..