re-AP climb&descend

Rob

Hi, I have installed AP in my RV/7 as the plane wants to climb at about 1200 to 1400 Feet/minute if you set the vertical speed at these numbers when you go to descend it is to fast at that rate so can you set a rate for climb and a different rate for descent 500 foot/minute is good for descent but no good for climb .
Regards Rob Bellert

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Rob,

There is no separate vertical speed setting for climbs and descents.

Pitufo

Dynon, have you considered the possibility of AIRSPEED HOLD on climb for the AP? (As an option besides vertical speed hold)

One thing is asking for a 500 fpm climb to an airplane at 75% gross weight on a nice 65°F morning, and another thing is asking for the same rate at gross weight on a 110 °F afternoon (like the ones we're having these days in south Texas).

Please consider that for future software releases.

So far, I've flown some 10 hrs with my D100/AP74, and I like it more and more every time (loosing NAV source is the only glitch I've found).

Thank you for your attention.

Alex
Pelican Sport 600

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We're always evaluating feature enhancements, although right now our efforts are largely being concentrated on our next generation development. Thanks for your feedback!

Pitufo

Dynon, if you're so busy with the Next Gen development, I can only think of one thing:

You're announcing its release in Airventure 2009, aren't you?

Come on, tell us !!!

:D

DBRV10

Well Dynon...... I am very happy with my full suite of Dynon gear! Its working great, aprt from a OAT issue which I will post elsewhere as others may have had this too! :-?

The altitude hold is at times a bit porpose like, so will play some more, however the issue of different climb and descend rates and would be fantastic.

Heading is great, even with the compass not calibrated yet..... yes I know, but we have been busy! :D

The GPSS is great too, follows the G530W nicely. :)

So the AP76 anda new software update would be good, would even throw a few $$ at it if that motivates you!

Cheers! :) :)