Repackaging SV Panels

GalinHdz

Has Dynon considered offering the AutoPilot and Knob Control panels so they fit in a standard 3 1/4" round hole? Maybe even offer the Com radio control head so it can fit in the 6.25" standard avionics rack.

🤔

Last edited:

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
This might have been the first request I've seen for the form factor (for those parts), so I can't say it's been on our radar. With homebuilt aircraft, folks are often building from scratch, so fitting that form factor hasn't been a common request. But definitely not a bad thought.

GalinHdz

With the "retrofit" market out there, this will ease the burden of cutting existing panels making steam to glass conversions a less daunting proposal.

;)

Last edited:

uvaplane

Along these lines, I concur on matching the 6.25” form factor. My Dynon com looks a bit out of place between a PS audio panel and a Avidyne GPS, but made it work.

Solution: offer the various control heads in a 3” wide by 1.5-2” rectangular form factor with a one or two hole Dynon front plate. That way, builders (or certified retrofits like me) could include one or two control heads seamlessly in their audio stacks.

GalinHdz

Not having to cut an existing instrument panel is how DYNON, with the D10 line, started out.

;)

Rhino

GalinHdz, just FYI, the image in your signature doesn't show up. It won't display unless I open it in a new browser window. I'm guessing there's some image limitation in signatures that prevents it from showing up there.

n144sh

I love flying!
Yes please. In particular the COM radio in a standard 6.25" wide formfactor would look much nicer in many installations.