Repeater Screen

Dan_Horton

Product suggestion: How about a simple repeater screen in a very thin package? No buttons or controls, no computational ability, just a copy of whatever is displayed on the D100 or D180 screen. Single plug and play cable for connection.

Two target markets. The primary use is the back seat of an RV-8 and other tandem designs. On the RV-8, the unit could hang below the front seatback crosstube if the form factor was less than 1 inch thick. The second is any side-by-side in which the builder would like a copilot display without the expense/weight/wiring of another full-function EIS/EFIS.

This kind of unit would give the backseater a fighting chance in the event the pilot is disabled. I'd like my wife to have basic altitude, airspeed and heading info to go with her stick, rudder pedals, throttle, and mike button.

Screens with thin form factors are manufactured in the millions (DVD players for example). Seems like it wouldn't be hard to do, and could be an inexpensive plus seller for Dynon.

Dan Horton

FalcoGeorge

Yeah.. good idea..
I also like this idea WITH a few buttons etc.. when the DSAB is up and running then users with the XXX-10 can display the HSI for instance on the cut down screen.. Worth buying it for just the EHSI but you could swap things around as you like.. you could have so much fun you wouldn't need to go flying ! ;D

PilotKris

Hmmm....

I'm seeing alot of people with tandem aircraft on the "What Are You Flying?" forum (EZs, RV-8, Harman Rockets, Cub clones, etc.).

How about a "repeater screen" that surface mounts for the rear seats?

PilotKris

aceflyingservice

I would buy this also. Just a simple repeater screen, no buttons, no settings, just show whatever is on the EFIS. My backseater would love it. It would need to be thin for mounting purposes.

Roger Johnson
Long EZ N34JR