Requested Features in new EFIS

MikeB

Hey Dynon Support-

I saw your new EFIS at Oshkosh and was blown away with how nice it was! Great physical layout and beautiful graphics. Since this EFIS is still in development, I would like to recommend a couple of things for you to think about when you release it:

1) Quick engine status on the bottom of a EFIS screen. It would be great to have this under the MFD/Map interfaces like all the other guys have (grt/afs/mgl).

2) Support for Hall Effect current sensors. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the shunt method, but the hall effect current sensor is nice "contact free" method for measuring current. Plus the installation makes for a clean firewall forward.

3) More analog inputs. With the current engine monitor you guys have, you need the HS34 to get extra analog inputs to cover all possible trim/flap position sensors.

Thanks for considering these recommendations.

Mike Bullock

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Mike,
The current EMS supports a hall effect sensor, and the next generation will as well. We just don't sell the sensor ourselves.

We do expect the next generation EMS will support more inputs, or at least make them more flexible.

MikeB

Mike,
The current EMS supports a hall effect sensor, and the next generation will as well. We just don't sell the sensor ourselves.

Oh yeah? I haven't seen anything in the documentation other than the shunt installation. If you don't mind, could you point in the right direction for what models work and how to hook it up?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Page 3-11 and page 5-14 of the current D120 install manual cover this. (It's in all the EMS manuals though, just different page numbering)

The only sensor we support is GRT's CS-01.