Revers the image from the video input adapter

Eric_Greenwell

I love soaring! Flying is good, too.
I have a camera used with auto backup systems, which is small, swivel mounting, waterproof, wide temperature range, good picture, and cheap. That's all good, but it reverses the image, which is desirable when pointing backwards on a car, but that means the image is reversed on the SkyView monitor. Is there any way to reverse the image that displays on SkyView?

vlittle

Check your camera... There may be a switch on it, buried somewhere.
Post a link to the camera if you can.

Vern

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There isn't a way to reverse it in SkyView's software today, but it's on our feature request list. No promises.

Eric_Greenwell

I love soaring! Flying is good, too.
Check your camera... There may be a switch on it, buried somewhere.

The camera is a "backup" camera intended for cars, where having a reverse image is required, so no switch. You can buy monitors with a selectable image reverse, but I don't want the clutter of another monitor, and want to use the Dynon.

Other than the backup cameras, I've had a hard time finding a suitable camera to mount under the cowl, pointing forward. I'd like it to be rainproof, 0 - 110 deg F range, small, easily mounted and adjusted, decent image, use 12 volts, and less than $100. There are plenty of backup cameras that have those specs for under $30, but I haven't located a "standard" camera that meets the specs, or even one that's more expensive.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, and I hope someone will find one and post it here!