Rotax CHT

echo_sierra

Hello,

I am trying to solve a problem without having all the informations, and, before putting my hands in the engine i am trying to figure out what could be wrong...
Here is the problem:
The plane has a Rotax 912 with a turbo (almost a rotax 914 so...) and has been flying hours without any problem. The guy thought that his CHT were in F° showing +/-165 which he believed was good. BUT, the CHT are configured in C°!!! So, the engine would have "died" if it was really running with 165 CHT...
My question is simple:
Could it be a simple configuration matter about CHT/rotax in the menu?
Could it be a mounting problem has resistor missing or something like that?
Do you have any idea of something else?

Regards

echo_sierra

Well, just checked the configuration and i do have Rotax CHT on GP1 and 2... I read 62°C with engine cold and 11°C outside air temp... I believe it could be a resistor missing problem and will dig that way unless you think about another possibility...

Regards

echo_sierra

Hello,

That is the problem, the resistors are not connected...
I tried to understand the manual but i am not english or american and am a bit confused abouthow to connect them... Do you have a drawing that i could understand???!!!...
Something special for dummy electrician :)

Regards

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
In our latest installation guide, there are a couple other sensors that also use the 5V line, and there are diagrams that show how they are connected to the EMS (coolant temperature and carb air temperature are two examples). The Rotax CHTs are connected the same way, but you use a 1.21K resistor instead of the 1K resistor.

echo_sierra

cht.jpg

Is that right?

Regards