RPM Display

sseaner

I love flying!
Can the Skyview also display the RPM's in percenatge ? For example, The 100% rotor value is 590 rpm's. Can it display both on an indicator? Any screenshots of this?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There's no native toggle or setting to do this, but, you can basically make it happen it by upping the pulses/rev such that 100 rpm (ie, percent) happens at 590 rpm. Then you just change the label on the tach to "PERCNT" or something similar, and then the display will read something like:

PERCNT
RPM

sseaner

I love flying!
Thanks, I'm close to pulling the trigger on this unit. I just don't want to get it and not work like I need it to. Could I have two rpm gauges for the same sensor. For example, I set the 590 like you said to read 100 percent at 590 say in a dial gauge. Then next to it I have a bar gauge that reads in RPM using the same rotor sensor. I appreciate the help.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep. Just know that there are only 2 inputs that can read rpm type pulses. Nominally, they're actually coupled together to monitor one rpm source via monitoring two ignition sources (mags, typcially), but they can be separated to monitor different things.

sseaner

I love flying!
Great info. One last question. Is it possible to have a widget, say dial shaped and another similar one but 25% smaller. Take the smaller one and lay it directly inside the other one? Or do the widgets block anything behind the white selection square?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can overlay widgets as you'd like to - in other words - the "background" within the selection box is transparent. It might be hard to get some of the elements (particularly the texty stuff) to not collide, though.