RV-10 Pitch Servo Bracket

jc2da

Does the Dynon mounting kit come with a pitch servo bracket or no? Any photos available of the mounting kit anywhere?

The reason I ask, is I know Van's provided a bracket, which I recycled. The Trutrak servo came with its own mounting bracket, which varied slightly from Van's.

If I install the Dynon servo, which bracket do i need to use?

Thanks,
Jae

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We make mounting kits, which include the brackets, for both axes of the RV-10. They are sold separately for $75 each. You can see the drawings for them at http://dynonavionics.com/docs/support_documentation.html

jc2da

Ah, thanks for the link. It looks like it is all spelled out for me. Thanks!

Jae

DBRV10

Which servo have you used?

I would strongly encourage you to talk to Robert Hamilton at Dynon about the servo selection.

RV10's need the SV52 we found........ Talk to Rob he is a top bloke and will sort you out.

DB ;)

If you have any -10 questions please PM or email me.

dsyvert

I am looking for some feed back from RV-10 owners on their expience this the AP servo's and the Skyview system. You can PM if you wish.

Thanks
Dave Syvertson

DBRV10

I have had very good results especially with V5.4 software.

I would talk to Lawrence at Dynon about the servo recomendation.

We found the SV52 was required and set the torque to 90% on pitch and 80% on roll.

We also had to increase the resolution on the pitch axis with a special device...again talk to Lawrence ;)

We love it :) ;D

jc2da

After hand-flying my -10 for phase 1, i am SO happy with the autopilot. I only had time to install the pitch servo for now, but i am very happy with it. It's a challenge holding altitude when cruising at 180 knots.

After speaking with Dynon, I ended up getting the SV42T pitch servo with capstan, that came with its custom bracket. I have the normal SV42 roll servo, which i have yet to install (as it'll require a bit more work to replace the aileron bellcrank bracket, etc.)

Thanks Dynon for a great product!
Jae

I have had very good results especially with V5.4 software.

I would talk to Lawrence at Dynon about the servo recomendation.

We found the SV52 was required and set the torque to 90% on pitch and 80% on roll.

We also had to increase the resolution on the pitch axis with a special device...again talk to Lawrence  ;)

We love it  :)  ;D

DBRV10

Update, I have been testing the new SV42T and it would seem that this servo, which carries the "special device" or linear capstan.

Set to 100% torque seems to be the go.

For Roll servo, use the SV52 and set it to the 85-90% range and use the middle hole.

:)

RudiGreyling

Update, I have been testing the new SV42T and it would seem that this servo, which carries the "special device" or linear capstan.

Set to 100% torque seems to be the go.

For Roll servo, use the SV52 and set it to the 85-90% range and use the middle hole.

:)

Arhh no man, what is this SV42 "T" servo?
I just installed my SV42 in my RV10 but I see the recommendation changed? I hate doing re-work.

Dynon Support can you help?

here is what i did last week....
fin_179.jpg

fin_181.jpg

Thanks
Rudi

RudiGreyling

Never Mind, I found it myself: http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/Install_Guides/RV10%20Pitch%20Kit%20with%20LA%20Instructions-REV%20A.pdf

I have sent an email to support to see how we can resolve.

Rudi