RV10 panel

iceman

HI everyone..I am currently deciding on what to install in the RV10 that we are building. I thought of maybe putting in 4 x D100 with engine management. We are also installing a SL30 and Garmin 430. Would one be able to hook eveything up in such a way that you could view anything on any of the screens ? Below is a pic of the proposed layout.
panel16.bmp

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We only support 1 EMS in the system, so what you'd need to buy would be (1) EMS-D120 and (3) EFIS-D100's, or you could buy (1) D180 and (3) EFIS-D100's.

Besides that restriction, what you describe will work just fine. You'd be able to put any display on any screen, and you can configure what screen is displayed at boot on each unit.

We like the way you think BTW. You might want to consider deleting some of the analog backups and going with two more EFIS units ;)

13brv3

We like the way you think BTW. You might want to consider deleting some of the analog backups and going with two more EFIS units ;)

This is hilarious. I've noticed a bit of a comedy streak recently :)

Cheers,
Rusty (feeling inadequate with only one D-180 in my RV-8 panel)

iceman

Thanks for the reply. Which one would be better ? The (D180 + 3 x D100 ) or the (D120 + 3 x D100). Are there any advantages of having a D180. If I can display anything on any one of the 4 screens then the second options should be fine. I could then have the one D100 start up as the Primary FLight Display on the top screen and the EMS start up on the D100 below. This would be great as you would have all your info right in front of you. I have attached for interest sake a pic of a friend of mines Rv10 that he recently had built by Robin Coss Aviation in Cape Town South Africa. Check out the D100s.
DSC_2648.JPG

iceman

Do you maybe have a pic of what the HSI with glideslope will look like ?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
BTW = By The Way

The only advantage to a D180 in your situation is that the Engine Monitor is battery backed up in the D180 while it's not in the D120. You'll also get an extra redundant EFIS in the D180, but I think you're probably all set on the EFIS front.

FAWGie

Thanks for the info, dynonsupport.....
Perhpas you would be so kind as to provide some further clarity regarding the question below:-

If more than one D100 is deployed in an aircraft, let's for argument say 2 units for pilot and 2 units for co-pilot. Assuming that both the co-pilots units are switched to display the screen mix of AH and HSI with possibly one SL30 radio com driving the top unit and one SL30 radio com driving the bottom pilot's unit (Typically the top one with an ILS selected and the bottom with a VOR selected), would the co-pilots dual D100 displays be slaved off the pilots units? and in so doing provide the same VOR/ILS information on the HSI's without the need for more radio feeds?

Well done on the additional planned features...nice stuff !!!!

iceman

The DI that has been added. How do you change the heading bug direction ? Refer to my pic.
img_2666_121.jpg

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The bug is the same bug that is set on the EFIS side.

You can set it two ways:

Fastest: Tap the 5th button, the one under the DG screen. Hit the bug button.

Slower: Tap one of the buttons below the EFIS (2-4), hit bugs, hit HDG, then set it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As of now, the EFIS cannot "share" the NAV data. If you have 4 EFIS units, you'll need to run the serial link from the SL30 to each EFIS. You can split the output of the SL30 into multiple inputs so this will work fine, and you can set up each screen the way you want. You could set up a switch to put the data where you want on each EFIS as well.

We also support reading the VOR direction off of the standby channel of the SL30, so we can show you the ILS on the primary display and a bearing to VOR display all from one SL30 at the same time.

FAWGie

As of now, the EFIS cannot "share" the NAV data. If you have 4 EFIS units, you'll need to run the serial link from the SL30 to each EFIS. You can split the output of the SL30 into multiple inputs so this will work fine, and you can set up each screen the way you want. You could set up a switch to put the data where you want on each EFIS as well.

We also support reading the VOR direction off of the standby channel of the SL30, so we can show you the ILS on the primary display and a bearing to VOR display all from one SL30 at the same time.

Thanks, that helps to understand it better.....I deduce then that the RS232 feed is only an Input data stream for the Dynon and therefore the feed can be split to feed one or more units.....(I wasn't sure if the Dynon spoke back to the SL30 via the RS232...)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, for now we only listen to the GPS or SL30, we don't send any information back to the units.